Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10, 2009

Today was a busy day, filled with lots of different activities. I woke up at the usual time (7:30 a.m.) when DH came into the bedroom after his shower to get dressed. But, I just laid there too lazy to get up. Well, the next thing I knew, DH was coming back into the bedroom at 8:45 because he had come back from the church after his morning devotions and realized I wasn't in my usual spot in my computer room where I read my Bible, eat my breakfast and check my e-mail. So I hopped out of bed, read my Bible, ate a banana for breakfast, checked my e-mail and then took my shower. By that time it was 10 o'clock. Got dressed, made the bed, dried my hair, made up a grocery list, got the car payment ready to drop off and called DH at the church to see "if maybe you wanted to go with me to get groceries and grab a sandwich at Walmart." He was game! On the way out, however, he decided he would rather have pizza. Worked for me! We got the groceries and by that time we were ready for some pizza. Pizza Hut had a buffet deal for lunch, so we had that, which was a WHOLE LOT more than we usually eat for lunch! But, it was good for a change! After lunch, we stopped at BB&T to drop off the car payment and we were ready to head back home. The rest of the afternoon I spent working on more VBS decorations. Normally we are thinking about dinner by 4:00, but not today! After that big lunch, we were going to just have corn on the cob for dinner at about 6:30. But I felt like I wanted more than that, so I heated up some left overs. And we pigged out like we hadn't eaten all day, LOL! And we topped it off with some chocolate chip muffins! YUMMY! After checking my e-mail again, I went back over to the fellowship hall to do some more painting. But, it was so nice out that I took a stroll around the yard and snapped some pictures first. And that is what my page is about today.

Credits: Robyn Pali Designs, Spaghetti Night Quick Page
Font: Apple Butter

Thanks for stopping by today!

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Looks like laziness is going around these days. I slept in SO LATE today that I don't even want to admit to it. When my hubby came in the door he yelled, "Are you upstairs or down?" I was upstairs but not doing any of the things he thought. I was still in bed!