Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

July 14, 2009

Another day of working on VBS crafts. I had to go shopping first to get supplies. Dollar Tree was just opening their doors when I arrived! Then I got to the register with my $30 + purchase and the clerk tells me they are not taking the debit cards, so I had to leave and get cash and come back! Who carries cash anymore?! I sure don't! Anyway, after Dollar Tree, I headed to A.C. Moore, which was basically a waste of time. I hate paying those prices after shopping at Dollar Tree! I was looking for google eyes, foam door knob hangers and foam letters with sticky backs. I left there with google eyes and some ribbon. Next (and last) stop........WALMART! If you can't find it at Walmart, you don't need it, LOL! Well, I found a few items (I can't remember what, lol) but the biggest purchase was 20 pairs of kids scissors that were on sale for $0.75 each! Since our church hasn't had VBS in 35 years, I have stocked up on some supplies. I got 18 pks of the chunky crayons and 20 glue sticks at Dollar Tree. I had a box of pencils that I donated. So, that is a start, anyway. I know what I looked for today that I could not find anywhere was brown construction paper! Every color under the rainbow....EXCEPT brown! So, I am going to have to figure out a different craft for that day. Plus, now I will probably take the google eyes back to AC Moore since they went with the construction paper project!

Anyway, after I got home I worked on cutting out projects with my paper scrapbooking equipment. I am sure glad I kept my equipment because I have really used them for the VBS stuff this year! (Hey, Stephanie J. Did I per chance give you any brown paper? LOL!)

Thanks for stopping by today!

Credits: Beth Rimmer's "My Bailiwick QP Album" which has 9 quick pages included. You can click on the layout to see the product in her store at Digitals.
Font: Arial

3 comments:

Elisabeth said...

mom, I would take all the crayons and stuff back to the dollar tree and get it all at walmart since they have the school supplies out for super cheap! I bought a bunch of stuff for my SS class.

Anonymous said...

As a matter of fact, I might have some brown paper in there!!!! I'll look and see. If I haven't used it yet, I probably don't need it!

Kimberly Pitman said...

I had a similar experience last week at the Dollar Store. Most of the camp counselors forgot to pack flashlights so I was dispatched to buy several. I found cheap ones but couldn't find enough store brand batteries. They had plenty of the name brand ones, which I decided to buy anyway since I didn't have time to run anywhere else. The cost of those expensive batteries took the total beyond the amount of cash in my purse.

I took everything to the cashier only to find that they don't accept MC, only Visa. How weird is that?

After much deliberation she determined that my MC debit card would do as long as I used it strictly as debit. That seemed weird, too, but I didn't question her.

I had little Sweet Pea with me, we needed to get back out to camp pronto so I'm sure that if I'd had more time I could've found cheaper batteries elsewhere. Grr!