Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, July 26, 2009

July 26, 2009

I mentioned in yesterday's blog about the UDF ice cream we always get while we are in the Cincinnati area and I was thinking I had also mentioned our love of Skyline Chili that we usually try to make a stop at while in the Cincinnati area, too. But, I hadn't mentioned it. It was just on my mind, I guess, LOL! Anyway, thinking about it, I decided I needed to fix some for lunch today! It has to "cook down" so I fixed it this morning so it could cook on low during church. All I had to do was fix the spaghetti, cut up the onions and fix some garlic bread after church! YUM!! When we moved to Buffalo, WV, we started buying the packets of Cincinnati Chili mix. Now that we have moved to NC, we cannot get the mix. So, we make sure we pick up the mix when we visit our daughter in WV, or if she is coming, have her bring some with her!

Speaking of which, Liz, if you get a chance, could you bring another 10 packets with you next week.....PRETTY PLEASE!!!!!! :)

Oh, btw, NO, I would NOT eat your nuts now, Liz! We were poor and didn't want to "waste" them! :) Not that we are rolling in the dough now, but I don't need the extra calories! :)

And, Michael, the ice cream we ALWAYS shared with you kids! It was the hoagies we didn't share! :) Tell me there aren't some things that you don't share with Kara and maybe even wait til she goes to bed to indulge! Hey! It is the parenting privilege! We were being merciful by not eating in front of you! :)

Love, MOM!

Credits: Claudi Designs QP
Fonts: LD Typset (title) and LD Whimsy (journaling)

4 comments:

jessicaday said...

I read this to Michael and he put that smirk on his face that I love (and that Kara inherited). He said, okay, maybe they did share the ice cream, but they did eat the good stuff after we went to bed. He said, maybe you didn't eat it in front of them, but you made sure they knew as soon as they went to bed you were eating the good stuff! :-) And, I KNOW we save our goodies for when Kara is in bed! He mentioned being excited to do just that while I was pregnant. Like you said, it's one perk of parenthood.

Anonymous said...

We do that too!!!!!

Elisabeth said...

I'm going to be making funnel cakes here in a minute!! No kids = more for us!!!

Kimberly Pitman said...

We had Skyline for supper tonight. Yum! I guess we aren't too sick (yet anyway!). That's actually where I got the Pepsi that tasted so great.

I've got a recipe for Cincinnati chili that my mom sent me when we lived in TN. I'll send it to you via email if you'd like to make it from scratch. It isn't hard and it tastes pretty good. I usually doctor it a bit, but I do that with almost every recipe. :)