Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, July 19, 2009

July 19, 2009

It was a beautiful day today! I felt like spending some time outside taking pictures, but by the time I thought about it, it was getting close to time for us to have our first VBS meeting. So, I just walked around the church yard to "see what I could see" that might spark some interest. About the only thing that caught my attention was this one tree beside the fellowship hall that was covered with vines. And, I think the vines were as old as the tree from the looks of them! This tree is actually some sort of evergreen tree, but the vines have about taken over and you can really see the vine leaves more than the tree itself! It looked like the air was being cut off from the tree by all of the vines. It kind of reminded me of how the world would like to choke out the Christians when they really ought to be thankful for us because as long as we are here, God is holding out His wrath that He will pour out on them in the last days.

Anyway, I took a few other pictures, but this was the only one that really had any interest to it, LOL! Not much going on today! And, that's not such a bad thing! After all, it is a day of rest!

This page is made using more of the elements from the kit I am working on. Font is Arial Rounded MT.

Thanks for stopping by today.

1 comment:

Kimberly Pitman said...

What a great reminder of what friendship with the world will do to the Christian!

Hope you have a great conference this week.