Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, July 23, 2009

July 23, 2009

But for the love of chocolate, I could be skinny! But, I guess my girlish figure is just going to have to wait! Tim and I got used to getting dessert with our meals while at the Bible Conference earlier this week, which is not a good thing! I looked in my cabinets this evening for something, anything sweet to make, which I figured would come up empty. Since we have been trying to watch what we eat, I don't buy too many sweets because we just do not have any will power to stay out of it! Well, our resolve has been tossed out the window for a couple of weeks now! Basically this whole month, in fact! I think the slippery slope started with our 4th of July weekend away! But, the Triple Chunk Brownies with Heavenly Hash ice cream topped with caramel syrup was sooooooo worth the extra calories! What do you think? :)

Credits: Beth Rimmer, "Wistful Thinking"
Font: Black Jack

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!!!