Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 25, 2009

July 25, 2009

I remembered today, as I emptied the box of ice cream, when our 4 kids were still home, we would go through a box of ice cream in one sitting! I would open the box, and with a big butcher knife, slice the ice cream into 6 pieces. UDF's Fudge Nut Sundae was the ice cream of choice. I think Elisabeth and Jessica always sucked the ice cream off of the nuts and then gave them to dad and me, LOL! We haven't lived in a state that has UDF since 1997. So, usually when we visit our daughter in Ohio or Tim's mom and dad or my brother in Kentucky, we make a stop at UDF for a milk shake or cone.

Credits: Beth Rimmer, Sunflower Fantasy (which was a daily download earlier this month, but now in the store).
Fonts: LD Scrapbooking (journaling) and LD Typeset (title)

Thanks for dropping by today!

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

would you still eat my nuts after I suck the chocolate off them?! My favorite was the orange and white ice cream, especially the white.

jessicaday said...

I read this out loud to Michael and he got that far away look in his eyes while he smiled. :-) He definitely remembers that. Then he got that teasing look in his eyes after that and said he mostly remembers you and Tim eating ice cream by yourselves after the kids went to bed!! Ha ha!