Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, July 4, 2009

July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July to All Americans! God Bless America!

We went to a parade with our daughters and their families today. We have such a hectic schedule coming up the rest of this summer and early fall that we decided to go out of town, especially to see Tim's parents. Since we live so far away from everyone, we decided to make a weekend of it and see our daughters (one traveled from WV to be with us at our oldest daughter's house in Ohio. We don't get to see our oldest daughter very often, so I was glad we took the opportunity to do so. And since we don't get to see Tim's sister very often and she lives kind of close to our oldest daughter, we all met at Frisch's Big Boy for breakfast. We had a good time. We are spending the night in KY (between Tim's dad and mom) and will get up and go to my brother's church in Florence. He does not know we are coming. We wanted to surprise him! I sure pray nothing happens that he ends up not being there! I hope he can eat lunch with us, too. We will see. Then we will travel towards NC, stopping in WV for the night at our daughter's house before continuing the trip on Monday. WHEW! That's alot of traveling in such a short time.

The first page below is all of the girls together at our daughter's house. Good picture, huh? Second and third pages are several pages of our time at the parade this morning.

Credits: Beth Rimmer, "A Star in Blue Jeans Quick Page Album"
Font: Typewriter



2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I thot Gram moved to Cols?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time!