Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

July 28, 2009

Before I get to today's page, I wanted to share a cute poem I received via an e-mail. I think most of you will be able to relate! :)

Cleaning Poem

I asked the Lord to tell me
Why my house is such a mess.
He asked if I'd been "computering,"
And I had to answer, "yes!"

He told me to get off my fanny
And tidy up the house.
And so I started cleaning up
The smudges off my mouse.

I wiped and shined the topside.
That really did the trick!
I was just admiring my work,
I didn't mean to click!

But click, I did, and OOPS! I found
A real absorbing site,
That I got SO way into it
I was into it all night!

Nothing's changed except my mouse
It's very, very shiny!
I guess my house will stay a mess
While I sit here on my hiney.


OK, be honest. Does that poem fit you?!! It sure fit my hiney! :)

Now for today's page. Believe it or not, I have still been doing VBS "stuff" off and on! But, today we FINALLY got the last of the TO DO list done! At least, I think so! I did some birthday shopping today for 2 of my FAVORITE granddaughters and got candy and school supplies to completely fill the prize containers for VBS while I was shopping! Last night I created 2 sets for each day of some cute little tickets that we will hand out to the kids and throw the other set in a basket and draw a number out! No rounding up kids' guesses of how many items are in the container from all of the teachers and then determining whose number was the closest. This will be quicker and simpler (more simple?? whatever!). We made a different color for each day. I'm anxious to get this show on the road! Mainly because it means all of my grandkids will be here! YEAH! But, I do enjoy VBS every year! Even though it absolutely wears me out!

I used my own items for creating this page. I'm working on a new kit (might be done by Christmas, LOL!) and it is full of primary colors! And, I'm leaning towards the main focus being on school kids! What do you think?!

Thanks for dropping by today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the kit! The school kid theme is a great idea. Love your idea about the tickets instead of the guessing. Might steal it for next year!