Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A Quiet Independence Day

No family gathering.  No place to go.  Very quiet next door on both sides.  A few fire works here and there.  A little bit of rain.  Just.....quiet.

Unfortunately, my day began at 3 a.m. with the dreaded nausea again.  But, I've also had some other symptoms the last couple of days.  Discomfort around my sternum.  I don't notice it when I go to bed (the tylenol may mask it) but when I wake up it is there.  I feel better when I sit or my head is at least elevated.  I'm wondering if my hiatal hernia is worse.  So, I sent a note to my digestive health doctor today and told her about the nausea and the discomfort.  Hopefully I will be able to get an appointment soon.

Tim had another good day of eating.  He says he still doesn't feel as stable or as strong as he felt Sunday.  I don't understand that, unless the cancer is spreading in his brain again, which I would not be surprised about.  I'm dreading the scans on the 12th, but I know the Lord is in control of the situation.  I am fully aware that our prayers for his healing might not happen here on earth, but in heaven.  And when the time comes, if it does, I know the Lord will give me grace.  Seems I've been by his side my whole life.  When I mentioned that yesterday he said, "you have been ever since we were kids of 15!"  And what a good many years it has been!  Thank You, Lord!  Thank You!

We both laid down for a nap around noon.  I don't think I slept but about 5 minutes.  Just couldn't get comfortable.  But Tim slept, and that is good.  He spent several hours over in the church office today working on the Mallard Ridge devotion and got it done.

After the news between 5 and 6 p.m. we went to the carport.  Almost to humid to enjoy sitting there, but we stayed out for about half an hour.  There was a little bit of rain, very light, and evaporated as soon as it hit the ground.  We did enjoy the bird activity.  We certainly have a "house full" of house finches!  I love listening to them chatter and flit around from feeder to feeder.  The hummer has to watch out for them, too, as they get carried away at the feeder next to him and almost run into him.

I suppose I will be going to bed fairly early tonight.  I have tried to eat a little today.  First I had an Ensure.  For lunch I had some applesauce.  For dinner I had a piece of toast with grape jelly and have been sipping on Gatorade throughout the evening.  Maybe I'll be so tired that I'll sleep through the nausea and the discomfort!

Thank You, Father, for the freedom we enjoy in America.  I pray that it continues.  I thank You for allowing me to be born in this great country!  I pray for those who became American citizens today.  I pray they will help to make America great again in some way, shape, or form.  I pray revival would break out across this great land, and I pray that it will begin in me!


There is a slight chance the rain will mess up the fire works tonight, but it won't affect us as we are staying home.

Our little hummer.


Cowbird and house finch


More house finches

Yet another house finch wondering about that cowbird's plans.

Notice the cowbird to the left flying in.  Not much room at the inn!


More house finches.

House finches' turn after the cowbirds.

No comments: