Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Day Two

Praise the Lord!  Still no nausea/vomiting with "the pill."  Tim was tired all day, but when he laid down in the afternoon to nap, he couldn't sleep.  Still eating pretty well, so I am thankful for that!  Thank You, LORD!

We had to make another trip to Walmart to refill my acid reflux med, Pantoprazole, to the tune of $52 AFTER the discount card was used!  That is double what it was 3 months ago!  I would LOVE to be off of all the medicine I have had to start taking!  Before all of this started a year ago, I boasted only having to take tylenol for headaches and tylenol pm at night.  How soon things can change!  Now I am taking 3 different meds!  I've been reading and listening to lots of things on whole-food plant-based nutrition.  I'm just not ready to give up my protein in the form of meat yet!  I did buy a container of steel-cut oats today and some strawberries so I could eat that for breakfast.  And I will try sweetening the oats with mashed up banana instead of sugar.  Maybe I will get us healthier a little at a time!


We didn't do a whole lot today.  Tim was up at 6 and ate his breakfast and retired to his recliner to watch the news.  At 8, I finally got up to get some tylenol for the headache I had.  I gave Tim his morning dose of meds and put a roast in the crockpot for our supper.  Tim and I laid back down for a little while.  We couldn't go back to sleep, so we got up and he went to the office and I got on the computer to clean up my email, etc.

When Tim laid down for his nap in the afternoon, I took some more tylenol and laid down, too.  I never could go to sleep.  He didn't sleep much.  Eventually we just got up.

Church tonight and now it is bedtime for real, LOL!  I have one more episode to watch of the Truth about Cancer series which I will do before I go to bed.

We plan to do the local thrifts tomorrow and that is about it.  I want to hang close to the house so Tim can lie down when he needs to.  I will work on the bulletin and try to get it finished except for printing it out.  Friday Elisabeth and the kids are going to come and hang out for a bit.  Tim will be so happy to see them!  I will too, of course, but he will especially.

Thanks, again, for your wonderful prayer support!  I would love to meet all of you someday.....if not here, heaven will be fine!

No comments: