Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, July 14, 2017

Testing.....

Another L.O.N.G. day of testing, only this time it was on me!  I had a Gastric Emptying Scan done.  I was to arrive at 9:45 to take care of preliminaries (payment, in other words) and the appointment was for 10:00.  I like to make sure traffic is not going to interfere, so I left the house about 9:15.

They fixed breakfast for me:  2 scrambled eggs laced with radioactive tracer, 2 slices of toast, jelly and water.  That is normally more breakfast than I eat, but I ate it all since I knew I was going to be there a long time!
The technician asked me if the eggs were good.  I told him yes.  He asked me if they had a metallic taste like some people say they do, but they just tasted like regular scrambled eggs to me.

After eating the eggs (I had 10 minutes, but only needed 5, LOL) he took me to have the initial scan done.
Tim said this is what a CT scanner looks like.

So, by the time the scan was done, it was 10:25.  Originally, when my digestive doctor had the appointment set up, I was to arrive at 9:00 with my appointment beginning at 9:15 and the next scan would be at 11:00.  But, since they were giving an hour in between each one, I had to wait until 11:25.  They gave me this schedule after the initial scan:
Surprisingly, the time passed relatively quickly between each scan.  I looked at magazines, checked my email and Facebook on my phone, read another magazine, or read a book that I took with me.  I do not know when the "professional interpretation" will be done (for probably as much $$ as the scans cost).  I did not realize there was going to be another charge.  I thought the price they gave to my digestive health appointment girl would be the total!

Anyway, that is done.  On to the next thing.......

Tim's dad and brother came for a visit today.  They got to the hotel about 5:50.  Then they came to the house and we went out for supper.  I was surprised how much Tim and I ate!  We were starved since we are used to eating between 4 and 5 most days.  I hope I can sleep on so much food!  I think I will read for awhile and let it digest some.



It was a wonderful visit.  But, its not over yet.  We plan to do brunch tomorrow before they head back to Kentucky.

Have a great weekend!


1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I'm so glad your day of testing went well. My sister has done the "radioactive egg" test, as she calls it. She thought it was awful! lol.

How nice to see Tim's dad and brother visiting! I have never met this brother, and only have met his dad once or twice. I'm glad to see the three men smiling together. :-)