Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

First Day Done

Tim took Zofran 20-30 minutes before he took the chemo pill last night at 9:00, his bedtime of late.  He got up for the bathroom a couple of times last night, but no nausea!  Thank You, Lord!

We got up around 7:00 today.  I finally got the blood work done that they wanted to do almost 2 weeks ago but couldn't because I had not fasted before I went, like I was supposed to know I needed to fast!  So, they scheduled for me to come in the morning of the endoscopy.  So, I had to fast for the endoscopy, but I was allowed clear liquids up to 3 hours before the procedure.  So, I drank a bottle of water yesterday morning before I went for the blood work!  WRONG!  The blood work had to be done with a TOTAL fast, meaning no clear liquids!  Well, how was I supposed to know that?!

Anyway, the lady drawing the blood work said we could still do the labs, but the results won't be accurate.  I said, then why do them?  So, they scheduled for me to go back AGAIN this morning!  It was called "Gastrin" blood work.  "Gastrin is the main hormone that controls the release of acid in your stomach. When there is food in the stomach, gastrin is released into the blood. As the acid level rises in your stomach and intestines, your body normally makes less gastrin.  Your doctor may order this test if you have signs or symptoms of a problem linked to an abnormal amount of gastrin. This includes peptic ulcer disease."  Not sure how long it will take to get the results back.  But, I'm not scheduled for a follow-up until 8/31.

When I got back from the doctor's office, somewhere between 9 and 9:30, Tim was back in bed.  When he got up to use the bathroom and get a drink, I thought he was getting up to stay.  But, he went back to bed.  When he finally did get up, he said he just really wasn't feeling well.  He said he was just very tired.  He sat around in his recliner for awhile watching TV.

Around noon, we took the white car to be serviced.  We have had an oil leak for quite awhile, but when Terry, our son-in-law looked at it to fix it, he thinks it is the gasket which is more than he could take care of.  But, we really didn't have the money to get it fixed.  But, the Lord blessed us with the funds sent to us by one of our sister churches here in NC.  When I asked the pastor for an address to send them a thank you card, the pastor told me, "The Lord made the impression that we should send this."  How awesome is our God?!!!  He knows what we need even before we ask.  And when we ask, he supplies "exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think!"  Ephesians 3:20

I fixed us some lunch when we got back and then we went to Walmart.  Tim wanted to look for some long sleeved T-shirts to sleep in, along with some lounge pants.  But, there are no long sleeved T's this time of the year!  So, we will have to wait for a couple of months.  We got a few groceries and headed for home.

Tim laid down and I started looking for recipes for cancer patients.  I want to try to keep his strength up as much as I can through food.

This was tonight's supper, pre-cooked.  Sweet potato wedges with cinnamon, chicken with a tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil (all blended together) marinade, and corn on the cob.  It was yummy!  The thing I liked about the meal was that the chicken and the sweet potatoes could cook on the same temperature for the same amount of time.....400 for 30 minutes.  I used parchment paper under the potatoes, so clean up was a breeze!  :D  The chicken dish is soaking, however!

And we finally got a decent amount of rain, but still not as much as we really need.





We couldn't even sit outside in our chairs under the carport because the rain blew in and soaked the chairs!

Tim and I are praying that the affects of the chemo pill will not be any worse than what his side affects were today.  He has his heart set on getting back in the pulpit, so I am just praying the chemo doesn't interfere with his desire!  Thank You, Lord, for your blessings through the trial!

No comments: