Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

God Answered Our Prayers

To make a L.O.N.G. day for us short for you........

Brain MRI results:

NO new cancer!  Praise the LORD!  However, there is a spot on the top of his skull that was almost out of the scan that the doctor wants to watch.  He is not sure what it might be, so to make sure it is not growing, which would indicate cancer, he wants to do another scan in 2 months.

CT scan of chest, abdomen, and pelvic area results:

No cancer in the organs!  Praise the LORD!  However, the melanoma lumps in his body (under the skin) are growing and multiplying.  So, time to change up the treatment.  Time for the brain cancer med I have mentioned before.  Temodal (click on the med name to read more about it).  This is an actual chemo drug.  All the other meds he has been on have been BRAF Inhibitors or Immunotherapy drugs.  He will lose his hair.  He also was prescribed Zofran for nausea.  He is to take the Zofran 20 minutes before he takes the Temodal at night.  He will take the drug for 5 days and be off of it for 23 days and begin the 28-day cycle again.  He will take it as long as it is working.

God is So Good!

Thank you all for your continued prayers!  I am so thankful there was NO new cancer in Tim's brain!  I am trusting that the spot seen on the top of the skull is just a shadow or something totally unrelated!

Thank You, LORD, for answering our prayers in the manner we prayed!  I'm so thankful it was in Your good pleasure that no more cancer was in the brain!  Continue to heal and strengthen Tim as he prepares more and more to return to the pulpit to preach the Gospel of our Great God and Savior!  Thank You, LORD!  Thank You!  Thank You!

2 comments:

jeday0323 said...

Michael, Kara, and I are rejoicing with you! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!

Vicky said...

Yes! God was so gracious to us today! Thank You, LORD!
Love you all!