Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Almost There!

God has blessed us in so many ways during Tim's illness.  All you have to do is walk into the Cancer Center of Baptist Hospital to realize that!  His condition could be so much worse!  God has answered so many prayers!  Your prayers and my prayers!


Calvin Russell, the adult Sunday school teacher at our church, was on vacation last week, so Tim taught in his place.  He was anxious about being able to stand through the whole lesson.  He took an anxiety pill last night before bed.  I'm glad he did because it helped him sleep.  We sat up a folding chair on the platform behind where he is standing, just in case he felt the need to sit down at some point in his lesson.  He could just step back, sit down and still be elevated for people to see him.  But, praise the Lord, he didn't need it!  That was a BIG step for him as he prepares to get back in the pulpit full time.

Thank you all for your continued prayers for Tim's healing!  Bobby, who is preaching for Tim on Sundays, "instituted" praying for Tim every service.  The congregation gathers around in a circle in the front of the church.  We all hold hands and Bobby prays a fervent prayer for Tim.  I believe the Lord is listening and answering those prayers!  It is such a sweet and emotional moment for me as we all unite ourselves in prayer for my beloved husband!  Thank You, Lord, for this family!


Bobby Smith has been preaching on Sundays for Tim.  He does a wonderful job, too!  This morning Tim told Bobby that he would relieve him from filling in next Sunday night!  I told Tim that I would let him, LOL!  I told him I thought it was a good idea to break in slowly instead of trying to jump back in all at once!  That would probably set him back some!  I'm praying that when he begins the new chemo pill treatment tomorrow that it won't set him back any.

Lord, please hear my cry!  I pray the chemo pill will have minimal affect on Tim's strength and that it will have maximum effectiveness on the melanoma!  Thy will be done!

Love him!
Tim rested a lot this afternoon after standing for the entire Sunday school time.  He actually got up at one point, ate some ice cream, and then went back to bed.  He said there was still too much time til time for the evening services to begin.  He's bored, in other words!  :D

I'm trying to think of ways to help him build up the strength in his legs again.  I might ask him if he wants to go to the mall and walk some each day.  That way it would be in the AC and not outside in the heat, which I cannot handle!  We won't be able to start that tomorrow, unless we do it in the afternoon after I get back from the endoscopy appointment.

After church I worked on the new saying for the church sign, "Better to be pruned to grow than cut up to burn."  Then I swept all of the spider webs off of the front door.  It had cooled off quite a bit outside, so I told Tim I was going out under the carport for awhile, so he joined me.  I took our Spurgeon devotional out and read from it while out there.

And, of course, I got a few bird pictures and a few of the clouds and sunset:












Tobacco plant flower


When Jon and Chuck were here this weekend, Jon said the tobacco here is way ahead of the tobacco up in Kentucky.  I guess that makes sense with us being further south.

OK.  That's it for me.  Time to watch Episode 6 of the Truth About Cancer series.  Click on the episode if you are interested.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

Praise God for Tim being able to teach Sunday School, and for being ready for Sunday night church. I know he is mentally so ready to preach again and so frustrated living in a body that won't let him.