Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Down Time

Tim and I got back today around noon.  We left the hotel in Roanoke, VA around 9:15.  We made three Goodwill stops and just took our time.  We were not in that big of a hurry to get back.  We really enjoyed our down time, even though it rained the whole time!  We just needed a break in the action.  And we needed to take advantage of Tim feeling relatively OK.  He looked tired to me today and he said he guessed he did feel tired.  I went to bed after him last night and actually woke up before he did.  So, I got up and got my shower while he continued to sleep.

When we pulled up to the mail box at the house today, the first thing we noticed was that someone had changed the Revival church sign to "Praise Him."  Calvin pulled into the church just as we were getting the mail out of the box.  He told Tim that he had changed the sign.  One of Tim's pet peeves is to see a church sign that has not been changed after the event noted on the sign.  We were trying to get away so quickly Sunday afternoon that Tim told me not to worry about the sign, but he was glad Calvin had changed it.

We had to go to Walmart to renew Tim's prescription for the steroid.  He only gets 5 pills at a time, which is 5 days.  Not sure why so few.  So, we put in for the prescription and then went to Subway for lunch.  Then we went back to Walmart to pick up the fill prescription and get a few other items.

I was able to get the new church sign up, even thought it was a bit misty still.  But, it was drier than it had been in 2 days!  So I went for it!

I worked on washing the bed linens and bath towels for the guest room this afternoon.  I also washed the tablecloths and dish towels from the dinner in the fellowship hall on Sunday.  The bed is made again and the bath towels are folded and put away.  I still have to fold the tablecloths and dish towels and take them back to the church.

I also poured the rest of the thistle seed I had into the larger feeder, but I need to buy some more.  I also washed and cleaned out the lighthouse feeder and filled it up with a mixture of corn, seeds, black sunflower seeds, peanuts, dried meal worms.  And I cleaned out the bird bath.  I still need to buy some more suet, too.  But, I'm thinking about getting the ingredients and making my own.

After I got the feeders taken care of, I sat outside for a little while to capture some pictures of the birds.  No new visitors today.

I also got the checkbook caught up.  I need to reconcile it with the bank and then I will be done.  I will probably do the reconciling tomorrow.  I want to do some reading after I finish posting this.

Thank You, Lord, for Your watch-care over us as we traveled the last couple of days.  Thank You for the time of refreshing and resting.  Give Tim the strength he needs for studying and carrying out the work You have for him to do.  We love You, Lord, because You first loved us!  Thank You for your blessings!

Here's today's photos:

Here's all of the Debbie Macomber books I found at one of the Goodwills today.......

.....and the short stack are the ones I did not have.

So, this is the entire stack of the Debbie Macomber books I found in Virginia yesterday and today!  Markin' 'em off, one by one!!

New sign I worked on in between the sprinkles.

Some cloud photos


Clover with water droplets on the grass

Buttercups

Sun shining under the clouds


This was a JigZone puzzle I did a couple of days ago.  It is sunset on Sunset Key in Florida.

Around the Feeder

The house finches are quite a bit bigger than the goldfinches.

These first two pictures were taken from my craft room window and before I filled the feeders.  The food so low that they had to resort to finding seeds on the ground.

Mrs. Cardinal





Hunkering down to get her head into the dish.


This little chickadee really did some fussing while I was cleaning the lighthouse.

He would fly to the lighthouse, quickly grab something and fly back to the tree to eat it.

Bluebird silhouette on the line.

So pretty!
Good night!

No comments: