Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, April 17, 2017

More Medicine

The doctor called Tim back today.  Tim told him of the problems he was having typing, etc.  The doctor put him on a steroid (Omeprazole 20mg) and to counteract the problems the steroid would cause the stomach, he also put him on a stomach medicine (Dexamethason 2mg).  We shall see what happens.  The left arm shaking is still happening, however, so we know the seizure medicine did not help that, but that is minor to the chance of having a seizure.....to us, anyway.

My To-Do List for Today

Change church sign
Deposit
Groceries for Revival
Go to Vera Mae's
Mail Scrapbook

I got everything done on my list except for the groceries.  I will do that tomorrow.  I decided on the recipes I would be fixing and got my list together, anyway.  We did go to Walmart, but it was to make the deposit, then again later after the doctor called to pick up Tim's new prescriptions.  We also went to Office Depot to see about getting a printer since my old one won't work with the laptop our son gave to me.  We found one but Tim wanted to do a little research on it to see what people who have bought it think about it.  Plus, we can take this old one of mine in for $30 towards the purchase of the new printer.

Our filing system for the sign letters.

The beautiful flowers Miss Vera's secret sister brought to her yesterday, except Vera was home sick.  So, Lori and I took the flowers to her because I wanted her to be able to enjoy them.

Tim and I were just talking about and wondering when the field would be plowed.  Glad I got a few pictures of the wild flowers before this happened.



Menus found and grocery list made for Revival prep.  The grocery list is sure to grow!  :D

Cloud Photos

It rained here this afternoon.  It was very warm early afternoon, but the rain cooled it off nicely.

Dark behind the church

Blue sky showing through in front of the house




The sun popped out behind the church right at sun down



Around the Feeder

I was pretty busy today, so I only spent about an hour outside this evening watching the birds.  Not too many out and about.  I guess they were hiding from the rain.
Gorgeous goldfinch



Mama taking a breather.

Love this little guy!

Love this little guy, too.

Messy eater!

Gonna have to get another suet cake soon!

Mama bluebird taking a breather on the electric line.

She flew to the top of the tree in front of the house.



I'm still waiting to catch the birds enjoying the bird bath for more than just to drink the water.  Tim's mom had some stones for me to put into it to give them something to grip, but since we didn't make it to our daughter's house last weekend, I don't have them yet.  I keep the water cleaned about every other day.  I just take the hose and with the spray nozzle force all of the tree stuff out of the dish and then refill it from the hose.  Since I don't like the idea of the birds drinking hot hose water any more than I would drink it, I water the flowers first and then by the time I have the dish cleaned out, I figure the water that was trapped in the hose is probably cleaned out.

Until tomorrow!

2 comments:

kathy rn said...

Vicky the dexamethasone is the steroid, and the omeprazole is the stomach med.

Vicky said...

Got them backwards, eh? Thanks, Kathy!