Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Moon Rise

Most of my day today was spent looking for a crown of thorns that Tim could use for his Sunday sermon.  Tim and I checked the Christian bookstore 20 miles north of here to no avail.  We came back home, ate lunch, and then I headed out again.  I went to Hobby Lobby, since it is Christian owned and operated.  I was informed they used to carry them, but no longer.  Bummer!  Next I went to Lifeway Christian to no avail.  Then I did a google search for them.  Found out Party City carried them (fake ones) for Halloween costumes.  Go figure!  But, when I got there, they told me that was the ONLY time they carried them was Halloween.  There is something wrong with that picture!

Anyway, I couldn't think of anywhere else to stop, so I went to Walmart.  I had a few items to pick up there, but no crown of thorns was there, either, which I wasn't surprised by because the listing for them was as a costume, too!  Don't people understand the crown of thorns is Easter, not Halloween?!  I don't get it!

The neighbor came over and we looked on Amazon and were going to order one through her prime account for the free shipping.  But her prime had expired in November.  Then I thought of a lady at church who's husband was a pastor.  I called her and asked if perhaps her husband had had a crown of thorns.  Without hesitation, she said, "Yes!  And I know exactly where it is!  I will go and check on it and call you back."  She called me back in about 10 minutes with the good news!  She had found it and will bring it for Sunday!  Thank You, Lord!

So, I did not have any time to do any bird watching today, unfortunately!  However, I did get a picture of how much thistle is gone since I filled the original feeder up yesterday!  OY VEY!!  How can those little birds eat so much?!

I also took a picture of the "pink" moon (what April's full moon is called).  However, the moon I saw definitely is not pink!  Plus, the moon was supposed to rise at 8:16 p.m. here, but I didn't see it til almost 9:30 when it popped up from behind the trees.  I knew it had to be out there somewhere because it wasn't cloudy.  I knew that because I could see the stars.

Another thing I did this evening was to look up some thrift stores for our trip to Lancaster, OH on Thursday.  I found several.  It will be nice to have some new places to shop!

And, I worked in the checkbook and got it caught up.

Enjoy the few photos I took today.

I can't believe they ate half of this today!

Not-so-pink moon.

Zoomed in closer.  I could maybe say I see a teeny bit of a pink color to this!

And there you have it!  Another day in the life!  Time to read before bed!

No comments: