Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, April 23, 2017

Revive Us Again

We praise thee, O God, for the Son of thy love.
For Jesus who died and is now gone above!

CHORUS:
Hallelujah, thine the glory!  Hallelujah, amen!
Hallelujah, thine the glory!  Revive us again!

We praise thee, O God, for thy Spirit of light,
Who has shown us our Savior and scattered our night!

CHORUS

All glory and praise to the Lamb that was slain.
Who has born all our sins and has cleansed every stain!

CHORUS

Revive us again, fill each heart with thy love
May each soul be rekindled with fire from above!

CHORUS

Today was the final day of our revival services with Brother Wilbert Ellis of Grace Baptist Church in Florence, KY.  The attendance was great every  night, as were the messages.  There were 40 or more in attendance today!
Tim giving the announcements and introducing Bro. Ellis

Brother Wilbert Ellis





After the morning service, we had lunch on the grounds.
My ladies who helped me get the food ready to eat.

We ALWAYS have plenty of food!  Our ladies (Baptist ladies, in general) are the BEST cooks!  :D  I could be a bit prejudiced, however!



Starting to filter into the fellowship hall from the services next door.








After he ate, Brother Ellis began his 8 hour trip back to his home in Florence, KY.  Then, after clean-up was completed, Tim and I packed our suitcase to head out for some down time.

It rained all night and has rained all day today.  And, we didn't drive out of it.





We did stop at a Goodwill on our trip.  Tim found a suit.

I'm thinking it will be an early night for us to hit the hay.  Tim is napping right now, but I'm sure he will be able to sleep all night, too!  Thank You, Lord, that he has been able to sleep better lately!  Help him to get the rest he needs tonight.  I pray he wakes up completely refreshed!  We love You, Lord and thank You for the revival services.  May we each and everyone examine our lives and draw closer to You in those areas where we fall short.  I pray, too, that those visitors who attended the services heard something that will cause them to examine their lives and make the necessary decisions to either draw closer to You, or accept Jesus as their Savior before it is eternally too late!  I pray in Jesus name.  AMEN!

No comments: