Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, April 8, 2017

The Thistle Seeds are FINALLY Disappearing!

Remember I mentioned mixing the thistle seed feeder contents with the other feeder since no birds were eating the thistle seed?  Well, I'm glad I procrastinated because today it has been hit hard!  By the end of the day, it was down quite a bit more!

AND, here's what I found at the feeder today!  I was so excited to see them!

Female American Goldfinch

I see you!

You can look at me as long as you let me eat!

Male American Goldfinch


Tufted Titmouse breaking open something from the feeder.  It might be a peanut, but I cannot tell.

It's open! (Have I mentioned that I LOVE the zoom on my camera?!  :D )

YUMMY!




House finch

Enjoying a drink of water.

There was so much activity happening around the feeders today that I wanted to stay outside and watch them.  However, I had LOTS to do inside!  We began the morning by having a Spring Cleaning day at church.  That lasted from 9-1.  When I got back home, I started my usual Saturday routine of cleaning and laundry.  Plus I had stuff from the church nursery to clean, linens and toys.

I also had to divide up the candy for Easter.  I will be giving Hannah, Ryan and Abby theirs tomorrow when they are here for Abby's birthday.

All bagged up!  I got the little kids a toy and got the bigger kids candy.

Two morning doves came today.

Female Brown-headed cow bird.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day today, even if on the cool side.


Puzzle for today:  Bahama Lighthouse

Well, I need to hang up the last load of clothes and then hit the hay.  I have to get up early to get lunch started!  Have a blessed Lord's Day!

No comments: