Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Splish, Splash, Crash Went the Bird Bath

So today I decided I was going to plant flowers in the cement blocks around the bird bath.  Tim had to go to Walmart to fill a prescription and I went with him to buy some flowers and to get some ingredients for our BLT sandwiches we were going to have for supper.

Things were just fine until I decided to put a stake or rod or something down through the center of all of the pots that made up the bird bath.  We didn't have anything long enough to go down through all 3 pots and then have enough to drive into the ground, too.  So I went next door to Lori's to see if she had something in her car port that I could use.  She had a couple of different pieces that I brought back to see if I could use.  One was way too long and too skinny, but one was just right, as long as I could get it driven into the ground deep enough to not hinder the dish for the bath being able to be laid on the top pot.

I went to the basement to find a mallet or something to drive it into the ground with.  The only thing I could find was a crow bar.  It worked perfectly.  It took a lot of effort, and at one point I hit something pretty solid, but it eventually broke through.  And then it happened.....the crow bar glanced off of the pipe I was driving into the ground and shattered the top pot!  I was not defeated yet.  I went to the basement and looked for a replacement.  The only thing down there that would work were plastic pots.  So, I drilled out the center and used a box cutter to trim out more of the center to fit over the pipe.  I will still need to paint it to match the rest of the bird bath, but at least I got the job done!
The bird bath looks top heavy from the angle I shot this picture.  You can see the petunias I planted.  They were smelling wonderful already!

Another beautiful day!

After I finished working with the bird bath and planting the flowers, I decided to sit out with the iPad and my phone and a cold glass of tea and enjoy the weather.  Of course, I had my camera with me, too!


While I was enjoying the breeze, I saw some bees working the clover again, so I decided to try to capture some motion pictures.  They are hard to capture, especially zoomed in like I was.  But, out of all of the groups I shot, this group is the best.  The bird-watching setting on my camera takes a succession of 5 photos with one click of the button in rapid sequence.  In this sequence, you see the bee leaving the clover, turning and moving to another spot.







And here are a few bird photos from today.  I didn't spend much time trying to get them because I had a headache all afternoon that I could not get rid of and just didn't feel like it.
A bird of a different sort.

Look at the wing span on this guy!

I enjoyed watching this chickadee drop to the feeder and carry a sunflower seed back to the tree and then use his beak to break the shell of the seed.  Then he would repeat the process.


There are 3 morning doves that hang around.  This one finally got brave enough to walk over to the seed on the ground by the bird bath, but something scared it off before it actually got to eat.


I mentioned yesterday that I had discovered who was eating the suet cake.  Here is a picture of the tufted titmouse back at it again today.  And below is a little video to watch.  The wind was blowing and he was hanging on for dear life.  Right as I turned the video off, the wind kicked up enough that he flew away.
Such a pretty little bird!


I have a couple of short ones of the chickadee, but he was just too quick and I lost him in the viewer in no time, so you will probably have to watch a couple of times to catch him run across the branch with a seed in his beak in the first one and a quick video in the second one.



Have a great day tomorrow!  Nite!

No comments: