Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, April 9, 2017

Family

What a great day!  Not only was it beautiful outside, but it was beautiful inside with family visits!  Our daughter and family who live 45 minutes south of us, came for lunch today and afterwards a little celebration for her youngest child who will turn 6 this coming Thursday.  There was going to be no good time for us to go to her house, so I decided to have them come here.

Then tonight, right as we were unlocking our door to the house after church, our son, Michael, arrived to spend the night on his way back home from a fishing tournament that he won!  It was wonderful to just sit and talk with him for about 3 hours.  He will be gone before we get up tomorrow, however!  But, I'm so glad he didn't drive on through to home like he was tempted to do!

Next week we will see our other two children.  I am so excited!  We don't get to see the kids nearly as much as I would like to, but I am thankful for the time that we do get!  Thank You, Lord, for our children!  There are definitely times that I miss all of them being "under foot" so terribly much!  But, for the most part, I am excited to see them living their lives as adults and proud of who they have become.  Thank You, Lord, for our children!  Continue to watch over them and guide them in their lives!

At the Feeder today:  Look how MUCH of the thistle seed has disappeared since yesterday!  I am going to have to buy more seed tomorrow!  Those are some hungry goldfinches!  :D

Mrs. Goldfinch


Lunch and party time:
It was fun setting the table for a large group today!

Waiting on the Birthday Girl.


Thank You, Lord, for our family!

From mommy and daddy (so far...more later on her birthday)


MORE Shopkins from Grandma and Grandpa!

She is kissing her kitchen set from Grandma and Grandpa.


All of the Shopkins stuff she got today!  One happy little girl!

The only problem with "parties" is the clean up, LOL!  I washed them by hand and then stacked them here.......

......and here to dry.  A small price to pay to be able to spend time with family!

Enjoying conversation with our son.

Thank you, Lord, for our family!

What a great day!  The Lord's Day AND family time!

1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

MAN your son is handsome!!