Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Praise Ye the LORD!

Tim has been feeling much better this week!  I am so thankful!  He has not felt as tired, weak and sleepy as he did last week!  And, since starting the steroid on Tuesday, he can tell a difference in his typing!  Thank You, LORD!

We've been busy getting ready for Revival this week.  That always means extra cleaning and grocery shopping for me.  But, I don't mind!  I always get to enjoy visiting with the revival speaker, too!  And, usually it is someone I know, so it is good to be able to catch up on family and friends we have in common.  The Lord is so good to give us friends.  And, I'm so glad for that Friend who sticks closer than a brother!

We've had some rain, which we needed.  And the temperature cooled down quite a bit on Wednesday.  That was good for doing my extra cooking and cleaning in the house.

I had some gut issues on Tuesday, but, thankfully, that is gone.  I have had a headache about every day, but it is just one of those things with me.  Sinus problems, thank you daddy!  :D  I'm not so happy to have inherited that from him!

The visiting preacher, Wilbert Ellis, said last night in our conversation, "Everyone is always concerned and prays for the sick member of the family, and the care giver is often overlooked.  How are you doing?"  So, I'll put this out there for any of you who might be wondering the same thing.

As I answered Bro. Ellis, with tears in my eyes, "I do not dwell on it.  I can't."  Now, let me explain.  If I dwell on Tim being sick, it becomes a woe-is-me pity party.  What good does that do him or me.  So, I try to keep the focus off of me.  Even when I'm asked, as in Bro. Ellis asking, I immediately get weepy, so I do much better in the quiet strength that the Lord continues to give me day by day.  I don't want to talk about it.  I talk about it to the Lord.  My help comes from the Lord.

Now, that's not to say that I don't appreciate everyone asking, but I handle it better when you don't ask.  I KNOW without a doubt that people are praying for me, too, otherwise I would NOT be "handling" Tim's health situation as well as I do.  And I also know that we have it pretty good, even in his sickness.  Just take a trip to the cancer center the next time he goes.  There are others who are doing so much worse!  Tim is able to carry out his regular activities 99% of the time.  THAT is just such a gift!  I praise God for every day Tim is able to be up and at it!

Now, let's change the subject!  Thank you ALL for your love, prayers and concerns!  You will never know this side of heaven how much they mean to us!

I haven't posted, as you know, for a couple of days with being extra busy for revival preparations.  And I haven't taken many photos, either.  But I've managed to get a few photos each day, even if just photos of the work I've been doing.  And, believe it or not, no bird photos for a couple of days now!  And looking out at the feeders, it's time to refill the finch feeders again!  OY VEY!!  How can such little birds eat so much?!

Tuesday, April 18th

Went to Lori's because she wanted to discuss something with me and while sitting on her side porch, Bill, Hillary and some of their "kids" (I assume) were out in the field that had just been plowed.  I'm sure they were looking for goodies to eat.

Lori's dog, Pumpkin, was running along the fence wanting nothing but to get to the geese, and they were honking like crazy.

Goldfinches sitting pretty!

One of the Mrs. sitting on the stump of branch above them to the right.

Cool-looking storm clouds


We did get some much-needed rain.

Wednesday, April 19th

I noticed Lori's valances in the kitchen yesterday (sheers) and decided I wanted to turn these sheer drapes into valances.......

.....so, I cut the drapes off, leaving just the valances!

I made the yummy Triple-Berry Cobbler for dessert tonight.  We had Stoffer's Meaty Lasagna, salad and garlic bread for supper.  We had to save the cobbler and ice cream for after the revival services.  Heated it up a bit in the microwave so it could melt the ice cream.  YUMMY!  It gets better every time I fix it!

Thursday, April 20th

Breakfast this morning:  Rise and Shine Casserole and Grands biscuits with coffee.  Tim loves this casserole for breakfast, so that is his request when we have visiting preachers staying with us.  This casserole is just as good, if not better, when it is reheated!  It is made with a layer of sausage, shredded hash browns, cheddar cheese, egg mixed with cream of mushroom soup and evaporated milk.  It "melds" over night and cooks for 50 minutes.  YUM!
I finally got around to doing this JigZone puzzle from Tuesday.  This is a Green Thorntail Hummingbird.  So amazing!  What an artist our God is!!!


Tim and Bro. Ellis made some visits, etc, and I went to the thrift store and craft stores.  After eating the breakfast casserole and a huge biscuit, I was certainly not hungry for lunch, so I just kept on shopping.  I only made one thrift store stop very first thing.  Found 3 books and some other goodies.  Then went to two craft stores and by that time, it was getting pretty warm outside, so I decided more thrift stores was going to have to wait for some other day because I was in my car which doesn't have AC at present.  And, I was beginning to get too hot.  So I made the stop at Walmart to get Tim some milk and some OJ and came on home.

I walked over to Lori's so she could trim my hair, came back home and got a shower to get some of the sweat off.  Then got ready for church.  We went to supper, came back and I took some bird photos while waiting for time for church.

Around the Feeder

I had to fill the thistle feeders again today.  The lighthouse will need to be refilled soon, too.  And, I need to buy another suet cake pretty soon!
Not the best picture.  Took this one through the two windows from my craft room.


Can you see what I see?

Mrs. Brown-headed Cowbird was hanging out with a black bird....

First time I've seen a black bird at the feeder area.

Mockingbird on top of the light pole



The suet cake is almost gone!




 

Miscellaneous Photos


My car is pollenated!



 Clouds

After I got home this afternoon, the clouds began to gather.  It got dark like it was going to rain, but it never did.  But, it did cool off just a bit.







My Love

Tim spoke with the brain doctor today.  He told Tim to double up on the steroid medicine for the typing problems.  There has been a bit of improvement, but not much.  Tim is to call the doctor back in a week to give him an update on progress.  

My handsome guy, ready and waiting for the services.

So handsome that I had to get a photo with him!

Well, we were up until midnight talking with Bro. Ellis last night.  Tonight the only one still up is me.  And, now that I'm caught up with my blog, I'm going to read some before bed.


1 comment:

jeday0323 said...

I probably won't stop asking how you are doing, but I am totally fine with a teary, "I'm hanging in there" answer. I am praying for you just as hard as Tim. I think I'd rather be in his shoes than yours!