Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

More About Tim's Health

Unfortunately, Tim has not been feeling 100% this week.  He has been running fever off and on.  They are low-grade, but fever none the less.  Tonight he said he felt very weak.  His stomach has been off this week, too, so he hasn't been eating as much.  I believe he is drinking plenty of fluids, so I was only slightly concerned about him passing out as he taught his lesson tonight.  He promised he would sit down if he felt like he was going to pass out.  Since it has happened at least 3 times, he knows what to expect.  He has looked tired all week and has been dragging.  He says his typing has been really bad and I know his driving has been atrocious lately.  He has been having some difficulty with words not coming to him, too.  Everyone at church has noticed that he is just not himself.

I know the bleeding in his brain is attributed to some of the problems he has been having as far as functioning goes.  And as far as being weak and tired all of the time, that is related to the seizure medicine he is taking.  And the fever and stomach issues could be related to his melanoma meds, which act up every now and then.  We still have much to be thankful for because when he first started these 2 melanoma medicines, the doctor told him some people run a fever every day.

He has contacted his brain MRI doctor via the patient portal with Baptist Hospital to let him know what all is going on.  The doctor will probably call him tomorrow morning.  He is a GREAT doctor!!!

I wanted all of our prayer warriors to know so you know how to pray for Tim specifically.  I would appreciate your prayers, too, as I have a nervous, upset stomach when Tim is not himself.  I can't help myself.  I know God is in control of  Tim's situation, but I need your prayers for me to lean hard on the Lord during these times.  Thanks!  XOXO

Scrapbook
I finally completed the scrapbook I have been working on here and there for about 3 weeks.  I saved some of the napkins and tags, the invitation and games from the baby shower to use in creating the scrapbook.  I used a black Recollections binder and Graphic 45's Mother Goose paper and stickers collections.  Here's how it turned out:
Front cover made so a photo could be inserted in the red polka dot frame and the birth statistics can go under the 3 flaps under the photo.

Inside front cover and first page.  Pockets on both pages with some of the book tags in the cover pocket and another pocket with a waterfall photo/journaling area above on the first page.  
A "waterfall" allows you to get more photos into a smaller area.  Each photo is stacked on top of one another in a graduated fashion.  They are made so you can lift each photo to see the one underneath.

More pockets and tags.  The tags are made so pictures or writing can be added to the back side.

The shower was a favorite kids book theme, so I created some book marks and a pocket to keep them in until needed.

Another set of waterfall pages.  These have the potential of 32 photos being added to the fronts and backs of the sections.  You can't do that in a regular scrapbook.

I added a little envelope for some keepsakes, like locks of hair, etc.

This side of the page has lots of places to add things.  This is a folded card with room for photos and/or journaling.

This flap opens up.  It is a brown manilla envelope that I made into a pocket.  I added a big tag for photo(s) and/or journaling.  Just another way to get more room into the scrapbook.

More pockets and cards made to write on or add photos to.

Some of the extra cards from the shower were hole-punched and added to leave just as they are, or add photos and/or journaling.

This was the invitation the church received.  I punched a hole in the top and added a ribbon.  The back is blank to add whatever.

More tags punched and added.

For the blank pages with no pockets, I included some photo corners to be used to attach photos.  Another envelope added that was made into a pocket to add goodies to.


Final page and back cover.
I hope Ashley enjoys the scrapbook!


Around the Bird Feeders
After I finished up the scrapbook, I decided to do my Bible study out under the car port with my camera near by so I could also keep an eye on the birds.  It was glorious!  I so enjoyed it!  I'll have to do that more often!

I could have gotten more pictures of some of the bigger birds after supper, but I didn't have time for cleaning up the kitchen and getting ready for church.  As it was, I took almost 400 pictures today.  You get to see about 1/16 of them!  :D
Mr. Goldfinch

I found the suet cake blown back up on top of the branch again and rather chewed up!
 
Three males at the same feeder without fighting!  Amazing!

Almost empty again.  Tim's mom says the goldfinches are going to eat us out of house and home!  I'm beginning to believe it!

Three males and one female.

I guess the Mrs. didn't want to be bothered!

I like how I caught the goldfinch flying to the feeder.  The other two are Mr. and Mrs. House Finch.  She is the bottom left one.







Mrs. Cardinal

Mrs. Brown-headed Cow Bird.

Mrs. Bluebird.  I heard babies in that hole.

I do not know how a family of birds can live in there!

Chickadee


Mockingbird

Mockingbird was really singing!

I guess this House Finch thought it could get inside the clothes line pole.





Here's a little video for you to watch.

And, that was my day!

2 comments:

Kimberly Pitman said...

Praying for Tim and you!

I love the bird photos. I'm quite the bird watcher myself. :)

Vicky said...

Thank you, Kim!