Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 25, 2018

A Piece of My Heart

I am traveling to Alabama tomorrow to spend the next week with my son and his family.  I am soooo dreading making the long, lonely trip!  I would LOVE to be Samantha of Bewitched and wiggle my nose to instantly transport myself from here to there!  :D

I went to the parsonage to gather up some items that I wanted to take to Michael.  Every time I take something from the parsonage, I lose a piece of my heart.  Tim and I spent 9 wonderful years here.  It hurts my heart to know that part of my life is gone.


It hurts especially when I am removing parts of Tim.  I am taking Tim's computer that was in the man cave to Michael with hopes that he can help me figure out why it no longer works.

This box has some of Tim's old ham radio stuff in it.  I don't know if Michael will be interested in any of it or not, but I remember Michael tearing radios and the like apart when he was a kid.  We would buy an old radio for $0.25 at a yard sale so he could enjoy tearing it apart.

The sign on top of the box is the sign that was by the back door of the parsonage.  Tim and I visited Charleston, SC not too long after we moved to NC in 2008.  There were a bunch of vendors by the water.  One of the vendors was selling these signs.  We purchased one and they made it after the fact and then mailed it to us.  Michael was the logical choice to give this to.  He is the only Day with a home that he can attach this to.  The girls cannot use it and Nathanael does not own a home.  I pray you will cherish the sign, Michael.

I thank the Lord for Tim becoming a Christian when we were teenagers.  I thank the Lord that He called him into the ministry, even though I told Tim that I didn't want to marry a preacher.  I thank the Lord that Tim was such a faithful servant for the Lord!

Thank You, Lord, for saving my soul!
Thank You, Lord, for making me whole!
Thank You, Lord, for giving to me
Thy great salvation so rich and free!

1 comment:

Debbie Johnson said...

This was so precious to read. Safe travels...