Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Take a Hike!

The cholesterol medicine the hospital put Ilene on after her stroke is not doing the trick.  Her cholesterol measured 220 after the stroke.  When she had her blood work done earlier in the week, it measured at 238!  And to think she has been so careful about eating LOW cholesterol foods!  So, the doctor has added a low-dose statin to take along with the current cholesterol medicine.  Statins cause her to have severe leg cramps, so we are praying the low-dose and the fact that she takes it every other day will not cause her to have leg cramps.  She went off of her cholesterol medicine that was prescribed for that very reason.  Lord, please keep the cramps away and the cholesterol to lower!

Today we began walking, which, hopefully, will help with the cholesterol levels!  We walked on a road that runs parallel to her property.  A wonderful road with country scenes and very little traffic!

Not sure if we got rain or not, but the road sure looked like it.  You can see a definite line where it looks like it stopped raining!

Other scenery from our walk.  It will be a beautiful walk in the spring!






It's hard to see, but that speck near the middle is a plane.  I was surprise my phone even captured it.


I did this layout for a challenge at The Digi Chick.  I used a kit by Kimeric, A Fresh Start.


Nothing much went on today.  We did go out to pick up Ilene's new prescription and got a few grocery items.  Then went to church and back.  And that was our day!

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

Bunnyfreak said...

I have heard coq10 helps when taking statins. Irene should look into that as well.