Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 28, 2018

Sweet Home Alabama

I had decided that I would be out of the house by 8:00 to make my trip to Alabama on Friday.  But, when I got in bed I decided I was not going to set my alarm, but instead just get up when I wake up.  I was in no hurry other than arriving before dark.  It is an 8 hour trip, so I needed to be gone by probably 9:30 at the latest.  So, I ended up waking up around 7:30.  I had just about everything I was taking already sitting by the door except for the last minute stuff like my toothbrush, etc.  It only took me about 15 minutes to load the car.  And I was ready by 8:00 anyway.

It was a very uneventful trip, thank the Lord!  I stopped at 1:30 for food, gas and potty break.  It felt good to walk around after 5 1/2 hours of sitting!  That meant only 2 1/2 more to go!  I arrived around 4:00.  Kara saw me coming up the drive way and ran out to meet me!  I love that!  I used to be able to pick her up and give her a bear hug, but I can no longer do that and she is almost as tall as me!

Michael helped me by getting all of my devices back to working order.  The computer in the man cave that would not boot up properly was because of the thumb drive that Tim had left in it the last time he transferred files from the office computer to that computer.  And I was getting an error message on his iPad that I needed to activate it.  Michael hooked it up to his Mac computer and got some system updates, etc and now it is good to go, too.  Thank you, Michael, for helping your technically challenged mother!

We began watching the Lord of the Ring series last night.  There are several discs that are 3 hours long each.  So we are splitting them up into 1 1/2 hour segments for each night.  We finished the first in the series tonight.

Today was a lazy day.  We played games, watched Kara show us the tricks she had taught the cats to do, went out to lunch and did some grocery shopping.  Jessica fixed beef stroganoff for supper and it was delicious!

Now its time to go to bed and get ready for church tomorrow.  Have a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow!
Playing Sorry.

A buzzard circling in search of food.

Very cloudy today.

Shiloh following instructions for a treat.

Love a fire place!


Kara taking some photos.

I love how the camera caught the sparks flying upward.  Looks like little sticks in the fire.

No comments: