Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Digital Scrapbooking Layouts

Today, besides some new photos I took, I have been scrapbooking on my computer.  So, I decided, before I begin a new puzzle, to share the pages I have done recently for challenges (inspiration) at The Digi Chick.  If you want to read the credit information about how I made the pages, you can read them on My Photos in the gallery.  Just click on the "My Photos" link above, scroll down, and click on one of the scrapbook pages.  These 6 layouts will show up first.

The journaling on the page reads:  "This has been a cold winter for North Carolina!  We rarely ever get snow, but we got a whopping 4-5" if not more.  The storm has paralyzed the state."  This is one of the photos I took during the snow storm we had on 1/16/18.



The journaling on this page reads:  "It has been a cold, cold winter!  Not used to it being so cold in North Carolina!  The winters are generally very mild.....they spoil us!  We are not used to this kind of snow!  It is pretty, but it is Enough!"  Another photo I took on 1/16/18.


This was done for the Scripture Challenge and the journaling is verses from the Bible:  Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths."


The journaling on this page reads:  "Abby, first grade, and Isabelle, Kindergarten, were chosen by their classmates as female representatives for Homecoming based on Godly character.  They will walk out during the homecoming basketball game at Rockwell Christian on January 23rd.  Everyone had to wear their dress and have it approved by the principal for modesty.  How cute they are!"


The journaling on this page reads:  "As I look back over the past years and how my acquaintance with these special women came about, it is only then that I understand the importance of why the Lord put them in my life.  When I met them, I didn't know they would be such a blessing to me in my future widowhood.  Thank You, Lord, for Your eternal wisdom and knowledge of what I would need when I needed it!"


The journaling on this page reads:  "First time in several years all nine grandchildren have been together at the same time for our Christmas gathering.  Even though they don't see one another very often, they get along marvelously!"



Today's photos:
The sun was bright today and really melted the snow, even though it started out at 16 degrees and felt like it was 6 degrees!  


Lots of snow still on the ground, but the trees are about bare of snow!




I couldn't believe how much snow had melted off the deck by 3:00.  It surprised me!

Anything in the shadows still had lots of snow piled on it, however.

The shadow of the tree on the snow caught my attention.

The sky was beautiful today!

Icecicles

Can you guess what this is?




That was my day!  Hope yours was great!  If not, maybe your tomorrow will be better!  I pray it is!

No comments: