Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Time Out

We had some time out grocery shopping today.  In case it really snows!  WV has been getting it!

Beautiful morning sky.  It was in the 40s today.

Enjoying a late lunch at Cagney's.  Not many people there.

Grocery list.

When we got home I noticed a woodpecker in a tree by the drive way.  So I went into the house and got my camera.

He was about 3 car widths away from me.  He kept his eye on me.

As I moved closer to him, he scurried around to the back of the tree.



A video of the woodpecker pecking in the tree and eating something he found there.




It was decent outside today.  The sun was still high in the sky when we got home.

Ilene going out to the mail box.

We started another puzzle tonight.

Lots of pieces still hooked together!  We left them that way!  We don't care to cheat in this manor!  :D

This is the puzzle we are working on.  1000 pieces for $0.49 from the same thrift as the winter scene we just finished.

Tomorrow Ilene and I both have eye appointments.  I'm going to go to the same doctor she goes to.  Because I am self-pay I was told I will receive a 25% discount.  I'll take it!

Have a great Wednesday!

No comments: