Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Sleep Over

Is it too late in the game of life for 50ish - 70+ "girlfriends" to have a sleep over?  Well, apparently not, because four of us in this age range did just that last night.

Calvin helped me move a few pieces of furniture from the parsonage to Ilene's yesterday.  When we were finished, I went back to the parsonage to get some of my craft stuff to fill the shelves that we took to Ilene's.  I left her a note in case she got back home before I did.  I told her I was planning to take her out for her birthday if she wanted to go.  I knew she would be tired from her trip to WV where she ended up attending not one funeral, but two.  I thought she might not want to go out again.

When I got back to the house she had been there about 15 minutes.  She got her things put away, took care of her phone messages and called our dear, Carolyn and Julie, to see if they wanted to go out to eat with us.  Carolyn had just eaten, so she asked us to give her an hour.

In the course of our conversation during the meal we decided to go back to their house and watch a couple of movies, China Cry and Paul, the Apostle.  And we decided it would be fun to do so while relaxing in our jammies.  And since it would be kinda late when we finished the movies, we were invited to stay the night.  It was about midnight when we went to bed.

This morning Carolyn fixed us oatmeal and toast for breakfast.  We visited more and then left for home before Carolyn had to leave for her doctor appointment.
I just love these ladies!  Thank You, LORD, for special friendships!


I bought some bird seed last week, so today I set up 3 feeders.
I set the feeders up just outside the edge of the area where the grass is cut, figuring on the brush to give the birds ample places to hide if they feel threatened.
 
Closer shot.

This is a new feeder I got and you stack these rounds of seeds on it.

The other feeder is hanging on these clothes line pole.

There's a zoomed in shot.

Ilene and I have eye doctor appointments tomorrow.  I am hoping that the cataracts are ready for removal!  But, probably not!  We shall see!

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: