Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, January 4, 2018

CT Scan

Tuesday, January 2, 2018
I set my alarm for 6:00 to get up and be ready by 7:00 so I could give kisses and hugs to everyone as they left for school and work.  But, I ended up waiting around until the morning traffic had died down before setting out to come back to NC from Jessica's.  It was about 8:40.  Traffic was pretty good!  I stopped in Fairplain, WV for breakfast a couple of hours out.

I stopped at Exit 77 on I-77 in Wytheville, VA for gas at $2.19/gallon compared to the $2.35/gallon I paid before my trip to Jessica's the previous Friday.

Before going to Ilene's, I stopped by the church to get my mail and change the church sign since the sun was shining and it was a LOT warmer than when I left Jessica's with a temperature of 1 degree!  28 felt like a heat wave!


Ilene and I started one of the puzzles she got for Christmas from one of her girls.  We were up past midnight and got all but the house down.

Wednesday, January 3, 2018
Went to bed with 60 degrees being the warmest the house would get with the furnace.  Woke to the same temperature this morning, so Ilene called her furnace man.  He came over and fixed it.  Thank You, LORD!

I left to go to the store for the items we needed to take for the fellowship meal before church tonight.  I also made my deposit of Christmas gifts and stopped by the parsonage for a few items.  Carolyn came over for a visit this morning while I was gone.  She and Ilene worked on the puzzle.  After I got back, we fixed breaded veal for sandwiches for lunch.  It was probably 2:30 before we ate.  I didn't think Ilene and I would be hungry enough to eat again in 3 hours, but we managed with no problem!  :D

We had lots of visitors for the fellowship dinner and church service.  David Parks preached a great message about reading your Bible and making a resolution to do so faithfully.  David and Terri Morris were there, too.  Also Stoney and Cynthia from Sovereign Grace Chapel were there.  Even our own little Vera Mae was there for the meal and service!

Special Music by the Parks family.

Thursday, January 4, 2018
Today Donna Smith, Ilene and I cleaned the church and then we went to Costco so Ilene could get come cholesterol medicine.  We went from there to get the CT scan done on my bum leg.  I was told they would have the results to the doctor's office tomorrow or Monday.  I will probably have to call them because they have not been very good about their follow-up lately!  I had to call them yesterday to find out if the scan had been set up yet.  When they told me it was today I said, "It's a good thing I called, then!"  She apologized!

Anyway.....after the CT scan we went to Olive Garden for soup and salad because we had not had lunch yet and it was after 3:00.  While sitting at the table, I glanced out the restaurant window over to the Hanes Mall and spotted a Dillards store.  That is important because my long slip is too big for me and Walmart no longer carries half slips long enough for me.  So, Kim, I got 2 half slips today!  Thanks for the heads up on them!  I'm glad I don't have to wait until I come to your house in February to get them!  I didn't realize there was a Dillards close to us!  But the price was RIDICULOUS!!!!!  I probably could have bought 3 or 4 slips at Walmart (if they had my length) for the price I paid at Dillards for one!  Such is life!

We went to Aldi and Foodlion for the groceries we needed, stopped for today's mail at the parsonage and a few items from inside before finally getting home around 5:30.  So glad to finally be home to the warmth because the wind was cruelly, bitterly cold today!  Thank You, Lord, for a nice, warm home to live in!

I've been working on changing my address this evening.  Thank You, Lord, for Your blessings on me!
Ilene and I waiting for them to call my name for the CT scan.

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you get news soon from your CT scan!