Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Precious in His Sight

This is a special picture that Elisabeth shared with me last week.  Abby, in the first grade, and Isabelle, in Kindergarten, were chosen by their classmates as female representatives for Homecoming based on Godly character.  They will walk out during the homecoming basketball game at Rockwell Christian on January 23rd.  Everyone had to wear their dress and have it approved by the principal for modesty.  How cute they are!!  Precious in His Sight!

I used Kimeric's "A Fresh Start" digital kit found here.

We had a great day in church today.  Good preaching, good fellowship.  There sure weren't many in attendance due to sickness.  There were 10 of us.  Only 8 of us tonight.  Lord, I pray You would heal the sickness of all those who are out sick.  Thank You for keeping Ilene and I from being sick!  And I pray You will continue to do so.

We sang a song today that I haven't sang in quite awhile.  Just As I Am.  What a great message just in the title.  The lyrics go like this:

1.  Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

We have no plea of innocence before God.  We are all guilty.  We are born in sin, thanks to the sin of Adam and Eve.  The only plea we have is "guilty!"  But, thank God for sending His only begotten Son to shed His blood for me.  Did He die for you?  Is He calling you to come to Him?  Come quickly!  Come before it is eternally too late!

2.  Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

His death cleanses us from all sin.  Past, present and future!  I am so thankful for that!

3. Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Doubt.  A favorite tool of the devil.  He used it first in the garden of Eden.  Forget the doubt.  Repent of those sins you have committed against a holy God.  Trust Him as your Savior!  He will take the doubt and fear away.

4. Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

No one is saved until they realize they are poor, wretched, and blind sinners before a holy, righteous God.  God can give you sight, riches and healing of the mind.  He makes those who trust in Him into new creatures.  Old things are gone and everything is new!


5. Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved.  You will be welcomed into the family of God.  You will be pardoned from your sin.  You will be cleansed entirely!  Clean enough to go to heaven.  There's your relief!

Bobby mentioned how some pastors have used this song as an invitation to come to Christ at the end of a service.  He knew of one pastor who must have continued the song over and over and over again, waiting for someone to walk the aisle and accept Jesus as Savior.  Finally a girl came forward.  Forgetting his microphone was still on, he leaned over and asked why she was coming.  She said she felt sorry for him that no one was coming forward.  I agree with Bobby, served him right!  If God is drawing a sinner to himself, the one being drawn will come without delay!  Won't you come to Him today?

All have sinned.  Romans 3:23
The wages of sin is death.  But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.  Romans 6:23
God demonstrated His love for us.  While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:8
If you will confess with your mouth faith in the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead you will be saved.  For with the heart man believes and becomes righteous and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  Romans 10:9, 10


Steel cut oats with craisins added

Chicken salad

Getting the puzzle ready to work.  1000 pieces.  We put the edge pieces on half of the table and the rest of the pieces on the other half.

It is hard to tell what it is at this point.  It is a winter scene.  Stay tuned!  :D


Have a great week!

No comments: