Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 1, 2018

On The First Day Of.........

2018, football was the ruling authority for activities.  Food was prepared and our huddle began.....around the food!  :D  Terry's team, Fighting Irish (Notre Dame) won!  Afterwards, the girls got ready to go shopping for Jessica's birthday, which is tomorrow, January 2nd.  When we got back, the kids made Gingerbread houses.  Then it was shower time so we could play a game before bed.  Tomorrow is back to work for Jessica and Terry and the kids will be going to day care for the rest of the week.  Michael has school and work, but Chance and Thad are still off for the rest of the week.  And, I will drive back to NC.

Thank you, Jessica and Terry, for your wonderful hospitality and opening your home to me!

Football time!

I did some knitting during the football game.  I am knitting the hem of a poncho I am working on.  I developed this technique so it would give a nicer finish than the curling edge.  At least, I don't think this is a technique I learned from someone.  Here is the wrong side of the knitting showing.  I picked up the cast on stitches with another knitting needle (skewer in this instance).  Then I folded these stitches up to meet the current row of stitches I am working on.  And I knit two stitches together, putting my needle through the "front" stitch on the knitting needle, and then the "back" stitch from the skewer.

Voila!  A nice hem with a new row of stitches to continue knitting the poncho.

Jessica and Thad conked out during the game.


The sun was already setting as we headed out to shop.  We didn't get to  too many stores before they started closing early.

Back at home, Jessica shredded the chicken for the Tortilla Soup.

Sweet Araya

Silly Faces

Gingerbread house time!









And the first day of 2018 is in the past now.  On to another day!

No comments: