Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, January 8, 2018

Blood Work

Ilene had a doctor's appointment today to have blood work done.  This was a follow-up appointment, I believe, to the stroke she had the first part of December.  We won't know the results for a couple of days.  She is on Plavix and Zetia.  She is doing a great job of watching her cholesterol intake and also her sodium intake.  Reading those labels, we are!  Even when we eat canned vegetables, we drain the water off and rinse them.  After not eating much salt, you can really tell how salty canned foods are!

Since Ilene is watching, I am watching, too.  It helps because she loves salt!  There are only a few things I like LOTS of salt on, one being french fries.  We rarely ever have french fries and we rarely eat out at the fast food restaurants.  Therefore we can avoid a lot of cholesterol-laden foods!  We rarely fry food we prepare here at the house, too.  That helps!

I worked the first digital scrapbooking page tonight that I have done in probably a year.  It was fun!  I used Kimeric's, "A Fresh Start" kit found in her shop at The DigiChick.  I also used her January template that is free.



The Lord brought the following thoughts to mind while thinking about Ilene's blood work:
I'm so thankful for the "blood work" Jesus did on my behalf when He died for my sins!  I would have to work, and work, and work, and work, and it still would not be enough work for me to get to heaven because "without the shedding of blood is no remission of sins!"  (Hebrews 9:22)

He is the only One whose blood is powerful enough to take away my sins.  Not just cover them, like the sacrifices of the animals did.  But totally ERASE them, just like I had never sinned!  Ephesians 1:7 "In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace"  Thank You, LORD, for Your blood work on my behalf!

THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD

Would you be free from the burden of sin?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you over evil a victory win?
There's wonderful power in the blood.

There is power, power, wonder working power
In the blood of the Lamb;
There is power, power, wonder working power
In the precious blood of the Lamb.

Would you be free from your passion and pride?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood;
Come for a cleansing to Calvary's tide;
There's wonderful power in the blood.

Would you be whiter, much whiter than snow?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood;
Sin stains are lost in its life giving flow.
There's wonderful power in the blood.

Would you do service for Jesus your King?
There's power in the blood, power in the blood;
Would you live daily His praises to sing?
There's wonderful power in the blood.


Have a wonderful Tuesday!

1 comment:

Debbie Johnson said...

Your blogs are so meaningful to me. I am reminded daily of God's grace and mercy to me. Such a blessing to meet you today.