Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Praising The Lord!

I want to thank you for your prayers on my behalf concerning the CT scan that was done on my leg last week.  The Lord, in His merciful kindness, answered our prayers!  The cause of the pain in the upper part of my left leg, right at the hip joint, is calcium deposits in a tendon, "usually from repeated tendonitis or inflammation.  Treatment is heat, anti-inflammatories, such as Aleve."  If it continues to bother me, they can set me up for some physical therapy.  I am waiting on her response to my question about whether beginning a walking exercise program would help or hurt.

Back in 2002 when Tim and I lived in Buffalo, WV, we went on the Weight Watchers points diet and began an exercise regimen of speed walking every day.  We were walking 4 miles in one hour, 5 - 6 days a week.  (We each lost 40 pounds!)  My pain in that leg began that year.  I just figured I had done too much.  Well, I have had to take two tylenol pms every night since that time because of the soreness.  It wasn't until that leg swelled while we were in Florida that I decided I had better get it checked.  I'm so thankful for the outcome, that it is not worse!  My daughter said, "Tendonitis never sounded so good!"  I have to agree!  And, needless to say, if I begin a walking program, I will NOT be going at the rate of 4 mph!  :D

Ps 117:1 ¶ O praise the LORD, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.
Ps 117:2 For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the LORD endureth for ever. Praise ye the LORD.

Ps 119:75 ¶ I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.
Ps 119:76 ¶ Let, I pray thee, thy merciful kindness be for my comfort, according to thy word unto thy servant.
Ps 119:77 Let thy tender mercies come unto me, that I may live: for thy law is my delight.

Following Via Email

While I am thinking of it, those of you who are new or fairly new to reading my blog (THANK YOU!), I wanted you to know that you can sign up to receive my blog posts via email.  The box to do that is in the right hand column near the top, under the blog header.  You will have to scroll to the top to see it from where you are reading right now.  When you submit (type your email address and hit the "subscribe" button) your email address, you will get an email asking you to confirm you want to receive via email.  THANK YOU!

Widow's Meeting at Damascus Baptist Church

Five of us met at Hillcrest this morning to leave the church at 9:30 to make the one-hour trip to Statesville for the meeting.  What a wonderful time of fellowship we had!  It is such a blessing!  Linda's devotions are always just right!  The food is excellent!  We are pampered!  Thank you, Dale, Juanita, Kelly and Robin!

Linda began a series on heaven today.  I took a video so I could share it with Mrs. Parks who has been under the weather and couldn't go to the meeting today.  I would share it here, but the file is over 1GB in size.  Plus, I have to remember that when I record a video from my phone (Tim's phone), I need to turn it sideways.
One of our ladies from church, Lois, and the beautiful flower arrangement on our table.  Isn't it just beautiful?!

The Three Musketeers.  Don't know what I would do without these two wonderful women in my life!
Thank You, LORD, for their friendship!

And this sweet, 93 year old from our church, Vera Mae.  She reminds me of Polly Pocket!  You just want to put her in your pocket and take her wherever you go!



I think there were about 17 widows at the meeting today, besides the four that gave of their time to serve the food and do the kitchen work.  How special these volunteers are to us!  Thank you all!
 With the theme being about heaven, this song was sung with great feeling after the devotion.  Click on the title if you want to listen on YouTube.

Wayfaring Stranger

1. I’m just a poor wayfaring stranger,
I’m trav’ling through this world below;
There is no sickness, toil, nor danger,
In that bright world to which I go.
I’m going there to see my father,
I’m going there no more to roam;
I’m just a going over Jordan,
I’m just a going over home.

2. I know dark clouds will gather o’er me,
I know my pathway’s rough and steep;
But golden fields lie out before me,
Where weary eyes no more shall weep.
I’m going there to see my mother,
She said she’d meet me when I come;
I’m just a going over Jordan,
I’m just a going over home.

3. I want to sing salvations story,
In concert with the blood-washed band;
I want to wear a crown of glory,
When I get home to that good land.
I’m going there to see my brothers,
They passed before me one by one;
I’m just a going over Jordan,
I’m just a going over home.

4. I’ll soon be free from every trial,
This form will rest beneath the sod;
I’ll drop the cross of self-denial,
And enter in my home with God.
I’m going there to see my Saviour,
Who shed for me His precious blood;
I’m just a going over Jordan,
I’m just a going over home.


We Christians are pilgrims and strangers while here on earth.  But one day soon, we will ALL go over Jordan to our heavenly home!  I pray you are ready!

From the great faith chapter in the Bible:
Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.



After taking Lois and Vera Mae home, we got back around 3:00.  Carolyn went home.  Ilene returned some phone calls.  I needed to go to the Christian bookstore and Ilene wanted to go, too.  So, we left sometime after 4:00.  We were hungry and decided to stop and eat on the way to the bookstore.  We decided the soup and salad at Olive Garden sounded good!  And, it is good for us health-wise, too!


The black birds were flying in to roost in the trees when we left the restaurant.  We decided we probably should not be looking up with them flying overhead, because.......

.....I'm sure they are what is decorating the parking lot!  EWWW!!


I forgot to share this picture last night.  Ilene has one of those Christmas light things shining in one of her trees in the front yard.  It is really pretty and looks like strings of tiny lights are all over the tree.

Here's how far I have gotten with the poncho I'm working on.  I've just tied the second skein in.  That means I am about 1/5th of the way done.  To the work, to the work........
Well, that was our day!  Hope yours was blessed!  Have a great Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you, Vicky!!!!!!

Debbie Johnson said...

So glad to hear if your good report. God bless you.