Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, January 19, 2018

He Cares For Me

Today the snow plow made several passes down our road. So I decided that I needed to get out of the house for awhile.  I first spent time cleaning the rest of the snow off of my car that the sun had not melted yet.  The side facing the sun was clear.  So that left the windshield, hood and top to clear.  When that was finished I was on my way.

First stop was lunch at Dairi O for a BBQ sandwich, fries and tea.

Next stop was across the street at Mega Thrift.  I was in the market for boots.  Not fancy ones (unless I found some that fit).  I found 4 pairs in my size, but only one pair fit....the cheapest ones!  Another example of how the Father watches over me to save me money when I have things I need to buy!  I also found 3 pairs of jeans and a nice jacket.  I also found 2 purses.  I've been looking for stiffer purses, not floppy, noodley ones.  One of them was brand new.  Still had a $49 tag hanging on the inside of it!  I paid $8.

Then I stopped for gas at Walmart.  $2.41/gallon.  I was almost on empty, so it cost me almost $40.  My last stop was in Walmart for birdseed and gatorade.  I'm going to have fun watching the birds at Ilene's when it warms up!

I got home in time to wash the jeans and jacket along with other dark clothes, but I didn't have time to dry them so I could wear them, so I let them dry while I was gone.  And I just remembered that Ilene doesn't like to run the dryer while she is gone.  I'll have to remember not to do that.  I've never had a problem with drying clothes while I'm gone, but I would feel terrible if I did here and something happened and burned the house down!

I did have time for a shower and fixing my hair before I left.  I went to Calvin and Sharon's, parked the car and rode with them to the restaurant.  There were 14 of us from church who met for dinner.  What a sweet time of fellowship we had!  We will definitely have to do that again!  I love my church family!  Thank You, LORD, for the sweetness of Christian fellowship!

On the way home, I heard this song playing on the Christian radio station:

My Father Watches Over Me

by William C. Martin, pub.1910
Matthew 6:26 - "Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?"

1.  I trust in God wherever I may be,
Upon the land, or on the rolling sea,
For come what may, from day to day,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

Chorus:
I trust in God, I know He cares for me;
On mountain bleak or on the stormy sea;
Though billows roll, He keeps my soul;
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

2.  He makes the rose an object of His care,
He guides the eagle through the pathless air,
And surely He remembers me;
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

Chorus:
I trust in God, for, in the lion’s den,
On battlefield, or in the prison pen,
Through praise or blame, through flood or flame,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

3.  The valley may be dark, the shadows deep,
But, oh, the Shepherd guards His lonely sheep;
And through the gloom He’ll lead me home,
My heav’nly Father watches over me.

Yes, He supplies my every need!

Today's pictures:



Another day of bright sunshine AND warmer temperatures!  It got to almost 50 today!

Finally can see the pavement on the road after being plowed!


The sky was a beautiful blue today!
 
Good to see this truck!

Tiny bird prints on top of the snow!

Ilene's hens and chickens surviving the snow.
 

It got warmer than they forecast!  Thank You, LORD!

$4

The purse with pink trim is actually black with red trim.  It is the one that had a price tag of $49 inside.  It is brand new, you can tell!  The other one cost $4.

Nice washable jacket.  It is more of a charcoal gray than light gray in the photo.
That's it for today!  Have a great weekend!

No comments: