Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day

WOW!  We really got the snow today!  More even than WV had, or at least more than the people we talked to.  It was so pretty coming down!  I'm glad we didn't have to get out in it!  I'm glad we had the foresight to get the groceries we needed yesterday!

I tried to call the eye doctor at 8:30 to tell her we were going to cancel but no one answered the phones.  At 9:00 she called us and told us the appointments were going to be delayed because they were not going to open the office until 1:00.  We told her we had called to cancel anyway.  She said they may not even open the office anyway today.  So she would call us back tomorrow morning to reschedule.

Bobby canceled the evening services at church, too.  With so many of our people being out sick on Sunday he decided it would probably be best to give everyone extra time to heal and the rest of us to not worry about having to get out on the roads.  Ilene and I would not be going anyway.  She said her street is always plowed last.  It is 2:15 as I type this and we have not seen a plow truck yet.  Very few people are braving the weather out this way!

I had fun taking some photos of the white beauty.  God is the Master Painter of all things beautiful!  So thankful we didn't have to get out in it!  So, we stayed in our jammies all day (thus far, anyway)!  And I think I'm going to have to scrap some of these beautiful pictures!

My first pictures were taken at 8:30.  Not sure how long it had been snowing at this point.



Ilene talking to her daughter.


After Bobby told us the evening services were canceled, we decided to stay in our jammies all day!
 And, what do you do inside all day when the weather is frightful outside?  Why, of course!  You work a puzzle!  Here's the one we started last night and finished today:




Out the back door to the deck.




Out the front door on the porch.





Out the side window.


9:00 a.m. getting heavier.









1:39 p.m. the snow has really piled up on the cars!

Not sure what bird was looking for food in this video.  The zoom is not very clear on the camera, which irritates me.  Notice how deep the snow has gotten on the cars by this afternoon!  The hum you hear is the heat pump (I think that is what it is).


Love the soft music of the wind chimes.






The pine trees are so pretty as their boughs pile up the snow!
Well, believe it or not, the weather forecast I looked at this morning was correct when it said the snow would end around 3 this afternoon!  I took a broom and swept through the snow on the porch.  I measured what was piled up on the banister.....3 1/2".


Ilene is packing so she can go to the funeral in WV of her sister in law who died yesterday.  I'm hanging out here and going to do some knitting, etc.

Have a great Thursday!

No comments: