Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

A "GRAND" Time

Yes, we've been quite busy since Christmas with our GRANDchildren, Hannah, Ryan and Abby.  I wish we could spend more time with all of the GRANDchildren.

Three of the four of our children and their families made it to our house to spend Christmas with us.  It was, as usual, a WONDER-FULLY short time!  BUT, I did better with the meals this time and didn't spend quite as much time in the kitchen.  But the time still passed too quickly.  Anyway, everyone left around 2:15 p.m. on Christmas day, Sunday afternoon.  So, Tim helped me clean up the kitchen and I straightened up the living and dining room area and did some laundry.  Then, later on in the evening, after they had their Christmas, we met Liz halfway between here and Salisbury and we brought Hannah, Ryan and Abby back to spend a couple of days with us while they are still on Christmas break.

So, here are some pictures from our time with them this week.

Monday, December 26th

No visit is complete without a McDonald's run!

And, no visit is complete without a visit to Thom-A-Lex park to feed the ducks.




The temperature was warm, almost 60.  But, the sky was pretty much cloud covered.



Finishing a craft started on Saturday, Christmas Eve.

Abby built a snowman out of cotton balls.  The eyes and mouth are a sharpie marker.  The nose was a sharpened orange colored pencil.

Game time.

Abby almost hit the bulls eye!




Last, but not least.....movie time.

Tuesday, December 27th
Normally, we cannot take the kids to see a movie because they have seen all the new movies.  BUT, not this time!  We went to see the animated musical where all of the musicians/singers are animals.

Did I also mention that the budget is quickly broken when the GRANDS visit?!  :D

Doing some coloring

Time to play the matching game

Abby did really well and won the first game, but........

I won the second game.  :D

And, we end another evening with a movie.
Wednesday, December 28th
Today we met Liz in Lexington at the Goodwill to give Ryan back to her.  He said he wanted to go to his own church.  The girls wanted to stay, so mommy brought them some church clothes.
After breakfast, Abby helped papaw empty the dishwasher.


Tonight is the last night for the girls.  We are going to meet Liz for breakfast at Cracker Barrel for breakfast tomorrow morning and then we are all going to go thrifting at the Rowan County Goodwills.  The kids are not looking forward to that part!

So, a good week all in all.

Nite!

No comments: