Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Saturday, December 24, 2016

Christmas Eve With the Family

We had a great day with the family.  Lots (too much) of food, presents and fun.  I didn't get any pictures of the presents, only movies, which are too big to upload here.  I'll have to get some of the pictures the girls took.  Here's our day:
Elisabeth gave us a bunch of oranges, so we decided to use the juicer.  It worked great!  Except, we should have peeled them first because the bitterness from the peel went into the juice, too.  We couldn't drink it because it was so bitter!

Making silly faces for the camera

Letting he dogs have some potty break time

The day was pretty dreary and rainy for the most part.  The kids got to play out a little bit, but mostly when they got their jackets on to go out, it would begin to rain and they would have to come back in.

Araya

Araya running around the yard with her flag


Thad on the scooter

Ryan with his pogo stick and his shadow (Araya) for the weekend

Araya followed Ryan around on the pogo stick and she was jumping up and down with him

The kids after opening presents from their cousin who drew their name for the present exchange.

Abby playing with her new Shopkins

Kara drawing on one of her new notebooks

Hannah coloring in one of her new coloring books

Terry doing some online shopping, I believe.

Michael doing some game playing

Jessica and Michael enjoying adult conversation


Brad smiling after I tease him

I fixed some refried bean dip this weekend and Araya LOVED it!

The proof she loved it!

Michael finishing a snowflake ornament that Abby started but tired of pretty quickly

The kids having a human pile up

Enjoying one of the many meals of the weekend!
Thaddeus was the only one who went home with Aunt Elisabeth tonight.  Hannah always stays at the hotel with Kara, Michael and Jessica.  We're having a wonderful time of fellowship!  It all ends tomorrow.  :(

No comments: