Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 5, 2016

Monday, Monday........

Monday, Monday
So good to me
Monday morning
It was all I hoped it would be........

Remember that song by The Mamas and the Papas?  I know you will want to hum the tune now!  :D  You are welcome!  :)

Today's activities:

1.  Work on the church sign.
2.  Work on the Christmas cards.
3.  Take the white car to the shop for an oil change. (More had to be done; some "things" were cracked.)
4.  Visit a shut-in.
5.  Eat lunch.
6.  Finish up the Christmas cards.
7.  Go to the grocery store and make deposit.
8.  Work on dinner.
9.  Clean up the kitchen.
10. Talk to Jessica as she drives home from work (our Monday ritual, which I love!)
11. Check email and facebook.
12. Do my blog post.
13. Begin the other mitten and maybe do some reading.
14. Lights out.
Last week's sign.  Such a true message!

Life asks no questions that faith cannot answer.

Christmas cards.

Out visiting the shut-in.  Still haven't figured out how to flip selfie pictures.

The last half of the Christmas cards.

Omaha Steaks for dinner.  Cooked in the oven.  I'll post a link to the "how to" below.

In the oven after pan-searing them.

Flipping the meat before returning it to the oven.

It was a little too bloody for me.  I will have to cook longer next time!  I just covered it up with A1.  :D

A happy man!  He is a meat and potatoes kind of guy!  As you can see, the baking potatoes were HUGE!!!  He loaded his up with sour cream, chives, bacon bits and cheese.

And for dessert, an apple tartlet

Tim saw a deal advertised with Omaha Steaks a couple of weeks ago that he ordered and had shipped to our door.  These steaks were part of the meat included.  Also, these tartlets were in the box.  The tartlets were delicious!!!

Here's a link to the instructions for fixing the steak in the oven.  Quicker than the grill, but I'll have to add more time because I like mine "doner."  :D  How to Cook the Perfect Steak in the Oven

Nitey, nite!

No comments: