Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, December 23, 2016

Hail! Hail! The Gang's All Here!

We met Michael, Jessica and Kara and Elisabeth, Brad, Hannah, Ryan and Abby in Salisbury tonight at Cookout for supper.  We had never eaten there before.  It was pretty good.  I had their cajun chicken sandwich.  Very good!  This particular location has a dining room, but most of them are carry out only.

After supper, Michael, Jessica and Kara (with Hannah) followed us back to the house.  We brought Ryan and Abby back with us.  Michael and Jessica had a long day, so they retired early back to the hotel.  Jessica, Terry, Michael, Chance, Thad and Araya got here around 10.  The boys have been going full speed ahead ever since they got here after being cooped up in the car for 6 hours.  Tomorrow, Elisabeth and Brad will come over for the day and take some kids back with her tomorrow night.

I got up and did the final cleaning of Tim's bathroom because Jessica and family are sleeping in the spare room and on the pull out couch down in the man room.

Then the cooking marathon began.  I was on my feet in the kitchen from about 10:30 - 4:00.  I began by cooking up breakfast meats, bacon and sausage links.  That way we can zap them in the microwave for a few seconds, whoever wants some with their breakfast.  I then started the soups.  Beef vegetable and chili.  Then I fixed 2 cheese balls.  I also fixed some oven fried chicken for sandwiches at lunch tomorrow.  They can be zapped in the microwave for a few minutes or put in the toaster oven.  Tim helped by cutting the partially frozen hamburger into 1/4 pound patties for lunch.  And the kids will eat pizza.  The last thing I fixed was a refried bean dip for the crockpot to warm while we were away for supper.

Getting things lined up to start cooking, with Christmas music playing to make it more enjoyable!  :D

The beginnings of the beef veggie soup

My yummy chili

The beef soup now has the veggies added.

The oven fried chicken

dicing up the green onion for the cheese balls

One cheeseball has the chipped beef on the outside, the other one has it mixed in.  This is Jessica's recipe and I didn't remember which way the meat was supposed to go.  Yes, those are my flip-flopped toes you see!  It was a beautiful day today!

Tim slicing the hamburger for me


After we got back from supper, and Michael's gang left, Ryan helped me with the potatoes for the potato soup for tomorrow.  He washed the potatoes while I peeled them.  Then we both cut them up.  They are in water in the crockpot sitting in the sink.  I will put them on in the morning to cook through the day.

The blur in the center of the picture is Ryan on his pogo stick
 
Ryan washing the potatoes as I peel them

Time to chop them up.  A little blurry, but a pretty good picture for Abby.

Me chopping

Ryan chopping
 
Abby took a picture of the dice she was playing with

A selfie, LOL!
 
Say cheese, Mamaw!
Hopefully we will get some sleep tonight.  Jessica had to bring their dogs because the person who was going to take care of them canceled out.  The dogs are in the basement and they are not liking it.  One is barking and one is whining and pawing at the door!  They may end up in the house!

Nite!


No comments: