Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, December 18, 2016

A Letter to Me

Allyson Bright, the art chick I mentioned in my post yesterday, from the Determined to Shine blog, is where I am getting the prompts for yesterday's photo of the coffee and today's "A Letter to Me" title.  Her name appeared in my Facebook feed for a free class in art journaling, so I signed up.  I guess her blog might be mainly for those persons who are hurting in some way and she teaches them art journaling as a healing process.  Well, I don't need it for that (I don't think, lol) but I am enjoying her emails and the creative prompts.  So, we will see how long it lasts, lol!

Here's the prompt I received in the email:
Today's prompt: Think about a time in the past when you wish you'd had more information about the future. Maybe you wanted reassurance that something would work out (or not), or maybe there was advice you needed but never received. This can be about something super important or something fairly trivial. Write a letter to your past self from your current self. You can choose to write an entire letter, or just focus on a phrase or two.

So, if you don't mind, I will write this letter here.  This letter is going to be to the me in 1978.  Tim had just surrendered to the ministry and things were going to totally change in our lives as we knew it.  I was afraid of being a pastor's wife!  I didn't feel qualified or worthy of such a calling.  For, you see, Tim's calling was also my calling!

Dear Vicky,
Your future life with Tim, as you know it, has just been redefined.  And I know how scary that is to you right now.  You both have a lot to learn.  But, God will be at every turn in the road before you get there!  The most important thing for you and Tim to do is trust Him.  He knows where He is taking you!  You will have your doubts at times.  But, keep trusting.  Keep following His lead and obey His leading!  You will never go wrong that way!

There will be times when you will wonder what God is doing in your life.  There will be times when you won't understand why this or that is happening.  You will wonder why this church did not call Tim as their pastor.  You will wonder why that one did and how it would all work out when the church is not even in the same state as where you live.  You will wonder why no one in this church wants to follow Tim's leadership any longer.  Just keep trusting and doing what you know is the right thing to do.  Stand true on the Word of God and serve Him faithfully in the face of adversity!

Stand by your husband in the decisions the Lord leads him to make, even when you are not sure he is doing the right thing.  There will be times when Tim will feel the situation is impossible and you will know it will all work out.  As God closes doors, leave them shut.  As He opens doors, walk through them!  You will know you are doing the right thing because He will give you peace about the changes.  Each open and shut door will bring you closer to His ultimate goal for your lives.

You will go through trials of sickness.  Keep trusting Him.  Be an example to other believers in your faith.  Don't let yourself be found at any pity parties!  Keep trusting Him.  Encourage Tim and stay by his side in sickness and in health!  There will be days when you ask, Why, Lord?  That's OK.  Just don't stay there!  His grace was sufficient for Paul.  It will still be sufficient for you!

In the end, everything is going to be alright!  I know that, even though I'm not there yet!  Come now!  Take Tim's hand and walk this path with him!  He will love you unconditionally through all your years together!  He will be the greatest blessing God will ever give you in this life, besides your salvation!  Most importantly, love God with your whole heart, soul and mind and put Him at the head of your marriage, family and home!

Love always from your future self!


I really didn't do anything today but fill the rest of the clear plastic ornaments that the ladies did not use at the meeting on Friday night.  So, I took some pictures of them in the dark room with no light but the lights from the Christmas tree.

I rolled up the printed scenery, tucked it into the ornament, added the snow inside and put the winter sticker on the outside and added the ribbon.

This one is filled with ribbon.  Turned out pretty.

This one is filled with green ribbon.

This one is filled with red ribbon.

The ribbon in this one is white with little green trees and "Be Merry" in red writing.

Filled this one with snow and put cross stickers on the outside.  The one on this side says "Peace" and the one on the back says "Believe"

I think my sister brought this angel back to me.  I made several of these YEARS and YEARS ago.  The body is made out of a mop.  A bead added for the head that has Spanish moss glued to it for hair with a beaded halo on top.  The flowers are poinsettias glued to the arms and more of the halo beads hanging down.  The wings are sewn from muslin fabric.  I added it to the top of the tree.

Love the glow of the lights in a dark room.

Add caption


My Olive wood nativity ornament I got when we were in Israel in 1985.  I have several of them.  They survived the basement wetness, unlike the others I posted about earlier, because they were in a different box.

Love this one of the Wise men that Tim's sister gave us one year after traveling to Mexico, I believe.

When I got ready for church this morning, I donned my fleece cape with the fur collar and walked outside to walk across the parking lot to church and was hit in the face with a balmy breeze of 60 degrees!  I was shocked!  Before all of the members got out to their cars after church, the pouring rain cut loose!  It cleared up around 2:00, I guess.  The temperature dropped quite a bit from the rain and then even more after the sun set (which we didn't see much of today).  Tim doesn't know what tomorrow's forecast is.  Guess we shall see!

We were going to have leftovers for lunch today, but since it is Tim's birthday, I talked him into going out to lunch for his birthday.  If I had been on the ball, I would have remembered to fix one of his favorite meals.  Anyway, he picked K&W Cafeteria.  We got BBQ chicken, half cut portion and split it.  I got a broccoli and raisin salad.  He got yam souffle, Parmesan spinach and corn bread.

OK, that's it for me today.

No comments: