Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, December 2, 2016

Hung Up My Keys..........

WARNING!!!  I am posting pictures of Tim's surgery site where the tumor was removed on the 14th of November.  And I am also posting pictures of his leg where they harvested the skin graft.  I think that is the correct language to use!  Anyway......I am mainly posting this for Tim's mom, who is a retired nurse and wants updates on her son's condition.

Tim had another follow-up doctor visit today for the skin graft that was done on his chest.  They removed the staples where the skin graft was held in place to aid in the graft "taking."  They cleaned up the site where all of the crusty stuff was around the edge.  There is still quite a bit of healing to take place and, eventually, the site will "fill in" somewhat more than what it looks like now, according to the doctor's PA.  I have my doubts, but we shall see in time.

As you are looking at the picture, the lower right side is sore to the touch.  We have to apply antibacterial ointment to it daily as the bandage is changed.  Another positive is that Tim is allowed to shower now, but cannot aim the water directly onto the wound area.  Scroll down to see the picture of his chest.



























So, when the nurse bandaged the leg a week ago this past Monday, Tim was told not to remove the bandage.  But, it was a very poor bandaging job, I have to say, and it began to disintegrate in a day or so.  (If nothing else, I have learned to do some neat bandaging in the past 20+ months!  :-)  So, we removed as much as we could of what was not stuck to the gauze strip you see on the leg.  Then, as the leg healed more and more, the gauze began to fall away from the leg.  So, the gauze, which was coated in something like vaseline, is beginning to be cut away bit by bit.  The area looks raw in the picture, but it is not.  I don't know if it will eventually return to the same color as the rest of his skin or not.  It is about a 4" x 10" area.


The doctor gave Tim permission to resume driving, so I hung up my keys and got into the passenger side of the car when we left the hospital!!!  :D  (Someone asked me if we were in England today because Tim "appears" to be on the wrong side of the car driving.  No, LOL, but the selfies on my new phone result in backwards photos.  I cannot find the setting to change it!  I just happened to think that it might be an edit instead of a setting.  I will have to check.)

We also resumed our thrifting today!  After we finished at the hospital this morning, we stopped at IHOP for breakfast before heading to High Point to thrift. We found a few books, a pencil case for my Bible bag, and some divided sheet protectors for my scrapbooking.

We were back home around 12:30, I believe.  Since we ate breakfast out, we skipped lunch.  Well, Tim was back to the house from the office by 2:30 wanting to know if I was ready to eat.  So, we left for Chili's.  They have a special going on, "3 For Me."  You get your choice of a salad or tortilla chips and salsa.  We both chose the salad.  You also get fajita fixings and 3 small tortillas.  Then the meal is finished off with a dessert.  All for $10 and your drink is extra.

 Here's the meat, served sizzling hot in the iron skillet, with green peppers and onions.  Then you add the salsa and cheese and they give you a slice of lime to squeeze on top.  YUMMY!  I ate without a tortilla.  We brought about half of a skillet home with my 3 small tortillas.  Tim will eat them for lunch tomorrow.

Here's the dessert.  I forget what they call this dessert.  Molten Volcano, or something like that.  Chocolate cake with fudge sauce poured over it with a dollop of ice cream.  The ice cream has a hard shell of chocolate on it.  It was very good!  I ate about 1/3 of the cake and all of the ice cream and gave Tim the rest.  I just didn't want to push my limits!

Now that football season is about over, I remembered the chicken wings and drumettes that were in the freezer.  So, I cooked them enough so that Tim can cover them with BBQ sauce and pop them into the toaster oven whenever he wants them while watching football.  I split these up into 6 sandwich baggies and froze them.

Well, it is 12:15 a.m. and my PMs are starting to kick in, so, til tomorrow...................

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad things are healing up nicely!!