Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 8, 2016

Scrapbooking

Today was the weekly thrifting trip.  Our GPS took us to Greensboro.  We didn't buy much, as usual.  I did find a few scrapbooking items, like a 4x6 pad of paper for $0.99, a gallon-sized ziploc bag of rubber stamps (one of the $10.50 new), miscellaneous ribbons, washi tape, and two wooden craft kits for $1.99, and a small paper trimmer that I put in the kids' art supplies, for $1.49.  But, the big purchase was a comfy pair of shoes for $6.99.
Practically new and very comfy!  Great for thrifting!  :D
We enjoy the thrifting, but most of all we enjoy being able to spend the day together doing what we like to do.  It doesn't take much to make either of us happy since we have each other!  Thank You, Lord!
My Guy.
Where we ate lunch!  We both had the Chicken BLT meal.
The beautiful sunset for tonight.

Here's how much I've gotten done on the scarf to match the mittens.  It is hard to tell, but the top is wider than the bottom part of the scarf so it can go over the head and cover the ears.  The bottom will wrap around and fasten in the back with buttons.  I'm hoping it is not too big for Araya!

I've been meaning to post some digital scrapbooking pages I have done recently.  So, since I remembered, here they are (those of you who follow me on Facebook have already seen these).

A little bit about the inspiration for these pages.  I get the inspiration from the challenges that are presented each month at The Digi Chick digital scrapbooking site.  I met the owner, Kim Lictfuss, aka Kimeric Kreations, when I was a digital scrapbooking kit designer several years ago.  Our quirky personalities clicked and we have been friends ever since.  She is a FANTASTIC kit designer, too!  I've always told her I'd like to be like her when I grew up, LOL!  :D  Seriously!  She does amazing design work!  And she can whip out a kit in NO TIME!  The creativity just flows from her!  I always had to really work at coming up with kits!  That's probably why she is STILL designing and I am not!  :D  Anyway, check out her work HERE and buy a kit, if you feel so inclined!  You won't be disappointed!

One nice bonus from doing the challenges is that you get points for each challenge you complete.  These points can be used in the store when you buy kits!  AND, if you complete 6 challenges, you get an additional 10 points!

OK, here's some pages from November (I will describe the challenge inspiration beneath each page):

Spotlight Challenge.  Had to use a chosen designer's kit(s), which I think she supplied for the challenge.  Since it had blues in it, I wanted to play on poor little Araya wanting to go outside and play with her cousins during Thanksgiving.

Give Me Space Challenge.  The inspiration was to leave "white space" on the layout (unused area of at least 50%).

Inspiration was someone else's scrapbook page to copy or pick out what you liked about it, called the Scraplift Challenge.  I copied the design.

Template Challenge.  Inspiration was a template to use with the middle being used for the photo.

Use it All Challenge.  Inspiration was the mini kit provided by a designer in which you had to use the entire mini kit, at least.

Word Art Challenge.  Inspiration was the "word art" and you had to use a picture to depict what the words said to you.

And, here are the ones I have done for December so far:

Scraplift Challenge

Template Challenge

TicTacToe Challenge.  You are given a tictactoe grid of certain "elements" you choose to use in your page.  You can go diagonally on the grid, across one of the 3 rows, or down one of the 3 columns of the tic tac toe grid.  My choice on this one was to use Word Art or a Title, a photo, and something white.  You can add other things, but you have to use at least 3 things from your choice of diagonal, row or column from the grid.  I hope that makes sense, LOL!

Title It Challenge.  Had to use a provided alpha.

Use It All Challenge
That's it for today!

No comments: