Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Monday, December 12, 2016

Hip! Hip! Hooray!

No headache today!  Thank You, Lord!

Mondays are usually errand days.  Tim "tries" to take it a little slower in the office, too.

First errand.......change the church sign quote.  A pet peeve of ours is when you see a sign that stays the same ALL THE TIME.  And worse is when one is including the date of an event that is LONG passed!  Here is this week's sign.

Since Tim was working "lighter" today, when he came over for lunch and I asked him what we were going to eat for lunch today, while we checked out the leftovers in the fridge, he said.....I want Newk's for lunch.  You don't have to ask me twice to go to Newk's!  I usually get their soup and half sandwich combo and add a drink.  Today's soup was broccoli and cheese.  It was yummy!  I had to stop with the soup, however, and bring the sandwich home.  I had it for supper.  It is chicken, bacon and cheese toasted with a horseradish type of dressing.  It is oh so yummy, too!  Tim ordered a pizza.  The thin crust is "better than Pizza Hut's," he said!

We also went to Walmart to pick up a few things and make the bank deposit.  On the way out we got gas.  I hopped out of the car to take a picture of this everyday event.  Tim's expression said, "What do you think you are doing?  Come on!  Really?  A picture of me pumping gas!  Really?"  :D

It's the little things.  I appreciate him always pumping the gas.....especially in the cold weather!

Now he's happy!  Back inside of the warm car.  For some reason this picture reminded me of the song, Traveling Together, an old hymn.  I couldn't find the lyrics, but we used to hear it all the time with one of the Christian radio programs.  I don't even remember which one.  But the lyrics I remember are below the picture.
Traveling together along the narrow way.
Traveling with Jesus beside me everyday.
Just beyond the sunset a glory land awaits.
I'm traveling a little nearer home, a little nearer home.

Tim and I have been traveling this earthly road together for quite sometime now.  Almost 46 years ago, March 13, 1971, we became a couple in high school.  God has brought us through many a trial in our relationship.  But, always we are stronger on the other side.  But, I'm also thanking God those rough spots in the road were few and far between!  And I will always believe that it is because we have tried to center our life around Jesus.....making sure Jesus was in the driver's seat!  And NOT the devil, for sure!


Tonight was the service at the Mallard Ridge Assisted Living facility.  Tim had the devotion.  It was a Christmas devotion on the things we needed to do during the Christmas season.....Worship the Lord, Have Joy in our Hearts, Reflect on the Reason for Christmas, Be Evangelistic and Spread the Gospel.


Meet Sally.  Our daughter, Elisabeth and family, lost 2 dogs recently.  One to old age and very feeble (Patch) and one to old age, but dying with cancer (Sammy).  How sad!  I cried for both, even though I don't care a great deal about animals, especially in the house.  But, Patch and Sammy grew on me.  I used to try to capture Sammy when she would grin and show her teeth.  Sammy was the wild child of the two.  Patch just seemed to tolerate Sammy for the most part.  But, Patch was such an easy-going dog.  Sammy was rambunctious and like a kid getting into everything and into trouble all the time!

Well, the cancer spread through Sammy's body like wild fire.  One tumor on her face broke open and stuck to the doggy pallet and Sammy cried that night off and on all night.  Liz was giving her medicine to help with the pain, but knew it was time to put her out of her misery.  So, that happened this past Saturday morning.

When Liz got home from the vet, the family went to a couple of shelters to look for another dog.  And that is where Sally comes in.  She is quickly becoming a wonderful part of the family.  She has more of the personality of Patch, which is a good thing!  :D

Abby and Sally quickly becoming lifelong friends.

All of the kids are happy!

To quote Liz, "I'm in love!"

Nite all!

No comments: