Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 15, 2016

It's a Digital World, But.......

.......some things you just can't get away from, like printing out pictures, even those manipulated digitally, so you can put them in a physical album!  I've been working on some of those today.  I want to do the December Daily project with Ali Edwards, but I'm really behind (only 15 days).  She (Ali) is giving away some digital files that can either be printed out or worked onto your photos digitally, like I have done.....so far.  It depends on what the rest of her gifts are as to whether I will keep on adding them to photos or just print them out as is and add to my December Daily Album.  This is her #AED12Days2016 gift.  I participated last year and won a 6 months subscription to her scrapbooking Story Kits.  That is a value of just under $120.00!  The files are found on her Pinterest Board.  So, here's what I've done so far:

Day 1 Photo blended onto Ali's card with the words "Christmas Memories"

Day 2 Word art of Ali's added on top of the photo of these 2 cuties.

Day 3 Word art of Ali's added on top of my photo.  I cut the edge off so it would go flush to the edge of the photo.
In other news for the day, Tim's follow up with the skin graft doctor ended with the doctor releasing him from his "care" with a recipe to apply to the areas around the edge that are still seeping.  He is supposed to do that 3 times a day.  Scroll down to see the photo of the wound on his chest, if you wish.













They handed him one of those silly paper shirts.  I don't know why they even bother with those things!  Not for a man, anyway!  A woman, I guess, but not for this exam.  Anyway.....

After his appointment, which was at 8:00, we went to IHOP for breakfast before hitting the road for some thrifting.  This is my favorite thing to order for breakfast.  Anything else always seems to be too much food.  I used to order it as a BLT with egg.  But that means it is a double decker sandwich, which is too much.  So, I've learned to order an over hard egg sandwich with lettuce, mayo, tomato and bacon.  Just right!  Tim has started ordering from the 55+ menu because the regular menu is just too much food!

Something Tim and I noticed a lot today was that the sky was filled with contrails from planes, no matter where we went!  I wonder if the cold air and temps had anything to do with it?  Any science buffs out there with an explanation?
Isn't that a beautiful sky?!
Well, Tim turns 62 on Sunday! So, he has been getting coupons from restaurants for free items. He had a coupon for a free dessert from Olive Garden, so that is where we ate our supper tonight. Since we last ate at around 8:30 - 9:00 a.m., we left the house around 2:45. It was the perfect time to go! We avoided the supper crowd!
My happy, handsome guy!

OK, last night I began a new mixed media project on a large canvas (16"x20"). I let it dry thoroughly overnight. Step 2: I chose my papers for the tree and chose some stencils to put on the background. I tore the papers to size using a metal ruler and laid them down to see how they would look.

The background is too busy for the tree, so I had to fix that first.
Step 3: To tone the background down, I gessoed (gesso is basically very thick white acrylic paint) over the music layer. You can still see the music, but it is not so dark and distracting. 

Step 4: One of the reasons I laid out the tree parts against the canvas earlier was to determine what color I wanted my background to be. I chose blue. The layer I put down was more like a wash. That means I added enough water to the paint so that it would go down transparent. I still want to see that music in the background.

Step 5: I stenciled some stars and ornaments on the canvas and then I glued the parts of the tree down. I'm thinking the tree looks more like a tiered cake! After I add some more things to it, I hope that changes.

Step 6: I did some doodling and marking on each section of the tree, added a shadow and some shading and called it quits for tonight. The background is too bare. I need to add some more stenciling or something. I thought for sure with all of the stamps I have that I would have a snowflake or 2. Not so much. So, I'm going to have to buy one, or a stencil, or stickers or something. Maybe all 3! :D I will be adding some words and some sequins/bling, too! I like how it is looking so far! To be continued..........

And, here's the picture of Tim and me for today. Taken in the doctor's office this morning.


Tomorrow Tim has a doctor's appointment with his oncologist. He will have bloodwork done and they will flush his port. I am not going to go with him because I will be fixing up the fellowship hall for our Ladies' End-of-the-Year Party we are having tomorrow night.

Nite!

No comments: