Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

CALGON! TAKE ME AWAY!!!!!

I finally decided on the silhouette that I wanted for this project I started a week or so ago.  Then I had to decide what quote I wanted on it.  I used some of my stamps and then darkened the letters with a white gel pen I have and a magic marker for the black ones.  I like how it turned out.


Well, today has been interesting, to say the least.  I wasn't able to get anything accomplished towards the house for the family coming in this weekend.

I was working in the kitchen when I got an unidentified caller on my phone.  I NEVER answer those.  If they leave a message and it turns out to be something I need to deal with, then I deal with it.  If they don't leave a message, I don't call them back.  As it turns out, it was the neighbor using a different phone than hers.  Fortunately she did leave a message.  I called her back and she asked me to take her to her doctor appointment for noon.  I told her I would be over at 11:30.  I guess it was around 10:30 at the time, so that meant I couldn't go for the groceries that I forgot yesterday.  So, I finished the canvas in the picture above and put some miscellaneous things away til time to leave.

I picked her up at 11:30 and headed to the doctor about 15 minutes away.  She is very weak and feels like she is going to pass out every time she stands up.  And she has been chilling since Sunday.  I had to help her walk into the building.  Turns out the doctor she was supposed to see wasn't even in til later in the afternoon, but it looked like her appointment had been pushed out to January.  She talked the lady into getting her in to see a doctor because she was pretty weak.  One of the volunteers got a wheelchair for me to push her in.  The only problem was that the earliest she could be seen was 1:15.  She asked if I had time.  NO!!!  I wanted to scream!  BUT, I said I would make time!

Good thing we waited because after being checked by the doctor, she had a UTI.  And because her vitals were wonky, he was afraid she was dealing with something else.  Her BP was very low, which is probably why she felt like she was going to pass out every time she stood up.  He sent her via ambulance to the hospital.  So, I headed for home.  It is now almost 2:30.  I had told Tim to be prepared to fix a frozen dinner for his supper, but I got home in time to fix some chicken and vegetable rice and throw it in the oven for a couple of hours.  So, I just decided instead of going for the groceries, I would work around the house.

I started sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.  I got another phone call from one of the ladies at church who is helping the now-hospitalized neighbor clean church this month.  She is going to clean the church on Thursday.  So, I guess I will be helping since the neighbor is in the hospital.  Also for Thursday, we have been invited out to dinner and back to their house for dessert afterwards!  OY VEY!!!  I asked Tim why all of this kind of stuff has to happen when I need to get work done?!!!  And, now I also have to help with the other elderly neighbor since the now-hospitalized lady is her care-giver!  YIKES!

OK, so this is my warning to the family coming in this weekend.......WHAT WILL BE, WILL BE and IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!

And I need to end this with a prayer for myself.......Lord Jesus, PLEASE keep me from being sick during the rest of this week and weekend!  I would LOVE to be able to enjoy the time with my family!  I want to also say that I am so very thankful that I am able, physically, to be able to do all of the things that are on my list of THINGS TO DO in the next several days!  Help me to BREATHE and lean on You for the strength that I will need!  I pray in Jesus name!  AMEN!

And, good night!

4 comments:

jeday0323 said...

We don't care what gets done. We just want to be with you!
We are happy to help and pitch in while we're there. Love you!

Vicky said...

Well, I got the sweeping done today. I'll do more mopping when I get back from getting the groceries I forgot the other day, LOL! I need to do some more dusting. I got the man room and the spare bedroom done, but need to do the living room/dining room area. I was hoping to pull out all of the furniture and sweep behind and rearrange a bit, but THAT isn't gonna happen for sure! :D

jeday0323 said...

I had high hopes for all I was going to get done this week too. Nope! But, like you've said all these years, Christmas will still come, we will all have a wonderful time, and no one but me will know what didn't get done.

And I'll just do it all next week. :-)

Vicky said...

There ya go! :D