Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Thursday, December 29, 2016

In the Nikon of Time.......

Today.  A beautiful day.  A blustery, windy day.  Lots of sunshine.  Warm temperature.  Did I mention lots of wind?!

Look at that beautiful sky!  60+ degrees, but very windy!


The day began pretty early (for me).  Earlier than usual because we had places to go, people to see and things to do!  Tim woke me up at 7 a.m.  I showered and fixed my hair before getting the girls up at 8 a.m.  We left the house at 8:30.  We headed to the Salisbury Cracker Barrel where we met Liz and Ryan for breakfast.  Then we went to the Rowan County Goodwills in Liz's van.  We left our car parked at Cracker Barrel.

Abby was just about asleep by the time we reached Cracker Barrel

A selfie with Hannah.  I know.  It looks like she is on the same side as Abby, but my selfies are backwards.


Bargains.  I found a few.   Nothing to get too excited about.  I did find a sun hat for vacation.

Trying to show off the colors and the cute charms hanging down.

A better view of the charms.

Besides the hat, I found a couple of books, a stencil and a rack to organize my baking pans.

We finished up thrifting and was back to the house by at least 2 p.m.  I started working on putting things away, cleaning up the kitchen, putting bedding away, washing the guest room bedding, putting toys away, etc.  I had everything pretty well cleaned up by the time Tim finished the bulletin and was ready to leave at 3:30.

We went to one of our usual Goodwills and then went to supper at Chili's.

Then we headed to Best Buy to find a new camera and tablet.  The camera for me and the tablet for Tim from our Christmas money.


My new Nikon Coolpix B700 Digital point and shoot camera.  20.3 megapixels and 60X zoom!  I'm all about the zoom!  :D  This camera is able to connect with your phone for uploading your pictures.  I doubt that I will be doing that.  I wanted a better camera for vacation, however this was not the camera I wanted, because it was more expensive than the one I wanted that was on display (that they didn't have any in stock).  Actually, there were very few cameras left in stock after Christmas!  It is aggravating to me that they promote cameras but don't have them in stock!  After Christmas or not!  Same for the tablet that Tim wanted.  Oh well!  No need crying over it.  :D

OK, that's it for me!

No comments: