Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Sunday, December 4, 2016

No Sooner Did They Come.....

.....til they were gone again! We took Hannah, Ryan, and Abby back to mom and dad this afternoon.  We met them at Pizza Hut in Lexington.
Our beautiful daughter, Elisabeth.

My handsome hubby.

Our wonderful son-in-law with his children.

Love these kiddos!

And, here's how the day played out, beginning about 7:45 a.m.  Abby was already up and had eaten a raspberry-filled donut, which she came into the bedroom to tell me about.  That's when I knew it was time to get up!  Hannah and Ryan slept until around 9 or after.  In the mean time, Abby and I played games.

After the Hannah and Ryan woke up, they ate breakfast and we did a couple of things before Abby mentioned that we should go on a picnic.  So, we got ready and headed to Walmart to buy lunchables and drinks and snacks.
Climbing walls at Walmart.

Laying in the lap of the statue.

Beautiful children.
So, off to Thom A-Lex park to feed cheerios to the ducks, play on the playground and eat lunch.

Seagulls sunning themselves.

The ducks coming after the cheerios.

feasting

The seagulls were stirred into action when they saw the ducks eating.



Here comes the rest of the crowd.

I walked down to the dock while the kids fed the ducks.  I like how the seagull was cocking his head watching me approach.

He decided I was getting too close for comfort.

This one cocked his head, too, then flew away.
 

Hannah kept her distance.  She didn't want anyone nipping at her toes.

Finally the seagulls found some cheerios.

Love the markings on this duck.

He was catching the cheerios as Abby dropped them.









This guy was chasing off all of the others.


Turkey, cheese and crackers lunchable.


CHEESE!

Very nice park.  Someday I would like to go out on the lake in a boat.

I don't understand why these 2 benches are so low to the ground.  It almost looks like they installed them and then filled in around them with the gravel.

Perfect place for a bench.


Fishermen

Pretty nice playground equipment.  It was 46 degrees at the park!  I'm glad the sun was shining brightly!


shadows.



Trying to stay warm while the kids play.

We left at 12:45 for home.  Hannah and Ryan played on the computer while Abby and I painted.

Hannah is thoroughly enjoying this "MESS" book.

After we got back from taking the kids to mom and dad, I worked in laundry and also started knitting some mittens.  I've never knitted using double-pointed needles to make mittens.  It took awhile to get the hang of it.  I had to start over once.  It takes more time than knitting straight rows.  Don't you like that yarn?  Reminds me of sherbet.  I got it on sale at AC Moore when I was over there yesterday.  They were selling 3 rolls for $10.  The regular cost is $9.99 per roll!

That's it for tonight!

No comments: