Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

MRI Was Good, Praise the Lord!

Spent the morning at the hospital for Tim's MRI and follow up with Dr. Chan.  Good results on the MRI.  The medical intern with Dr. Chan showed us the brain MRI and what they look for with each new one.  Very interesting.

We had to be at the MRI office at 8:00 for his 8:30 appointment.  We got there about 7:50.  He signed in and they took him right back.  He was ready to go by about 9:00.  We still had two hours before the scheduled appointment with Dr. Chan, so we went to Hardee's for some breakfast since Tim was not allowed to eat anything before the MRI due to the sedation he receives before the MRI.

After we finished eating, instead of going back home and then coming back shortly thereafter, we went ahead and signed in for his appointment.  Well, they called him right on back.  It takes an hour for the radiologist to read the CT scans for Dr. Triozzi, but, Dr. Chan can read the MRI himself.  So, there is no hour waiting period for finding out the results.

Dr. Chan is such a friendly doctor.  He took a few minutes to talk with us about our Thanksgiving and to tell us about his.  He is from Boston and Tim teased him about the driving in Boston.  They are maniacs!!  Tim showed him where he had the surgery on his chest since he is always curious about it and asks every time Tim has an appointment with him how things are going.  It is apparent that he has a genuine concern for Tim.

After getting home, the rest of the day was spent catching up paperwork in the checkbook, etc.  And I finished the other mitten tonight.  I want to do some double-stitching to add a little flower or something to tie them together since the colors are funky.  Since the yarn is multi-colored, the gloves turned out a bit unorthodox.  The yarn is made for doing bigger projects, for sure.  But, that's OK.  They will still be warm and they are nice and soft!  I am thinking of attaching them together so they can slip through the arms of a coat to keep them from being separated from one another or lost.

I ate some banana bread while waiting on Tim to get finished with his MRI.

I also worked on the other mitten while waiting on him.
It was a cold, rainy day today.


While I was taking the pictures above of the rain, I heard a hawk and searched til I found him sitting in one of the trees next door.


I'm pretty sure he saw me snapping his picture.


The hawk is the spot about 1/2" above the center of the car port.  The pictures above were zoomed in 40X.  I had to steady the camera against the side of the house.

Yup!  It's that time of the year!  Packages for all of the grandkids except Michael who will be getting money.

And, here's the mittens.  The yarn started out pink, switched to the white, and then switched to the tangerine.  To tie them together, I will use the color that just began before ending the second mitten.....the tangerine.  I will probably make the design in the double stitching out of the tangerine, too.

That's it for me.

No comments: