Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

O God, I have tasted Thy goodness, and it has both satisfied me and made me thirsty for more. I am painfully conscious of my need of further grace. I am ashamed of my lack of desire. O God, The Triune God, I want to want Thee; I long to be filled with longing; I thirst to be made more thirsty still. Show me Thy glory, I pray Thee, that so I may know Thee indeed. Begin in mercy a new work of love within me. Say to my soul, "Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away." Then give me grace to rise and follow Thee up from this misty lowland where I have wondered so long. In Jesus' name. Amen
Excerpt: The Pursuit of God, The Human Thirst for the Divine, A.W. Tozer

Friday, December 2, 2016

So Much to Do.......

Today I went shopping.....by my self.  I had a list of things to get done.
1.  Go to the post office and get stamps for Christmas cards.
2.  Go to Goodwill to look for blue jeans.
3.  Go to Dollar Tree to buy battery operated tea lights for a craft.
4.  Go to AC Moore......just because.
5.  Go to Aldi for some groceries.
6.  Go to Walmart for some groceries.

I was able to cross #6 off of my list.  The ladies came to clean the church and Tim does not like to be over there while the cleaning is going on.  So, he said he would go with me.  I told him he would not like the type of shopping I was going to do.  He said we could split up and he would go to the post office for me.  I told him I wanted to buy the stamps (I like to buy pretty stamps, not just whatever they hand you!).  I gave him the Walmart list, so he was good with that.  He went to Walmart and then ate lunch when he got back to the house and by that time, the ladies were finished cleaning the church so he could go back over and work.

So, I left the house around 10:30.  I got back home around 2:15.  I found 3 pair of jeans, which I was in desperate need of since I've lost weight this year.  I also found a couple of Christian books.....Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word Devotional Journal," Spurgeon's devotional, "Morning and Evening," and a book by Lee Strobel, "The Case for Faith, A Journalist Investigates the Toughest Objections to Christianity."

Let me back up to earlier this morning.  I did not sleep very well after Tim woke up at 3:30 and went to his recliner in the man room.  So, I ended up getting up around 7:45 so I could get my supper into the crockpot to cook all day.
After cooking all day and adding the flour which made a tasty gravy!

Here's the recipe.  I used pork instead of beef.

It was YUMMY!  I will definitely be making it again!
After dinner, I got the dishes cleaned up and the dishwasher started and sat down at the computer.  Liz and Jessica and I were conversing when Liz said something about having so much to do.  So, I volunteered to take the kids off her hands tonight.  So Tim and I went after the kids.

The first thing we did was play a couple of games of UNO.
 After UNO, the kids and I played hide-n-seek.  Next was playing a game answering some questions like, "If you could change something from today, what would it be?"  That was too boring for Ryan and Abby, so it was time to make a mess.

And, I do mean, literally!  We made a bigger mess in this book than I planned!
First, we each picked a marker color and drew a line while everyone else knocked the book around to make squiggly lines.  Then we decorated the pages with more doodling.  The red ink happened with our next "assignment" in the book..........
We were to drop ink (or other liquids) from a height of 5 feet for the splash effect.  I had ink cartridges that you use to refill printer ink.  Pressing on the bottom of it acted like a syringe and the ink went flying! 

I'm sooooo glad I put the book in this box before we started!

It is much prettier after it dried!

But, the ink soaked through several pages and got on the cover of the book, too.  That's OK!  :D
Since we couldn't do anything else in the book with it being so wet with ink, they moved on to paint.




Yeah, that black paint ended up all over Abby's arm which then ended up all over her PJ top!  Sorry Liz!
 Then Papaw printed out some pages and they colored.

Tim stayed clear of the mess-making!  
So, we got all of that cleaned up and then it was time to watch a movie.  Hannah chose a pureflix movie, "Esther."  Abby was out quickly.  Hannah and Ryan are close, if not already gone.  And, I think it is time for me to retire, too!

Jessica said she wished she lived closer.  I do, too!  That way I could spontaneously steal her kids away for an evening, too!  Maybe one of these days!

Nite all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're an awesome Grandma!